3DCoat Forums

Upgrading to Pro

alvordr

• Advanced Member

Does anyone know if I go from a Win+Mac educational license to a Pro for the $250 Educational to Pro upgrade, will that still enable me to use it on Win+Mac commercially? I'm mainly interested in responses from people who have been in this exact situation and have upgraded to pro. Thanks.

• Reputable Contributor

Does anyone know if I go from a Win+Mac educational license to a Pro for the $250 Educational to Pro upgrade, will that still enable me to use it on Win+Mac commercially? I'm mainly interested in responses from people who have been in this exact situation and have upgraded to pro. Thanks.

Since there is normally a $40 extra charge for a separate OS...if you already paid that once, I doubt Andrew would ask you to do so again. The best way to find out for sure, is to shoot your question to Stas (sales@3d-coat.com). The good thing about the EDU to Commercial license now, is that it includes the upgrade to V4.

• Advanced Member

Yes, I already paid the $40. I feel like I'm making this too complex, but I want to be certain about what I'm doing before committing the $$. Part of this is the need to be able to use my laptop (Mac) to do stuff for school, at the moment, but also to be able to use it commercially, when called upon. That said, I found the Mac version pretty much the same, with at least one exception in the UI (where the brushes didn't seem to be able to show their icons). After seeing how well 3D Coat works, I want to go Pro and use it on both my desktop (PC) and laptop (Mac). It sounds like from your comment that I should have gone Pro first, and then did the Win+Mac. I emailed sales with the question. Thanks, AbnRanger.

• Advanced Member

The problem is that right now I have my original PC serial # and then later I bought the Win + Mac, which says Mac OS followed by a different serial #. When I go to buy the upgrade to pro, it asks for my serial #. I'm not sure which to give.

"Does anyone know if I go from a Win+Mac educational license to a Pro for the $250 Educational to Pro upgrade, will that still enable me to use it on Win+Mac commercially? I'm mainly interested in responses from people who have been in this exact situation and have upgraded to pro. Thanks."

Particularly we did not face this situation yet as usually people make Win+Mac from Pro version, but of course in this case we will give you another key for Mac Pro if you bought Win Pro. You should pay 40$ only once as AbnRange said. Just send me email at sales@3d-coat.com and I will send you key manually.