3DCoat Forums

Program to display reference images...

ajz3d

• Contributor

I can't remember whether it was here or on CGTalk, but someone once posted a link to a small program that allowed to display a semi transparent, scalable and moveable reference image on top of all windows. Does anyone know what program it might be? I forgot how it's called and I can't find it now. :help:

• Contributor

Thanks guys. Very appreciated.

The application I saw, but never really used - I admit, was a freeware. So most likely it was the one JimB posted.

However I'm not sure how to de-overlay its program window. Is there a shortcut key of some kind to toggle between overlay and normal window display?

I've also found the following:

- Peek Through

- See Through Windows

Both listed utilize a click-through and can be used with any program window, so it will work with any image browsing application, like Faststone Image Viewer or Irfanview.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...

PureRef Update Available 

Check out the latest version of a tool by Idyllic Pixel.

The newest version introduces a number of fixes and adds smaller features and improvements: improved support for EXR, SVG and TGA, and more. The team has recently continued developing their tool after a 3-year hiatus.

Here are some of the fixes found in the latest update:

• 1-pixel artifacts while moving images on screens with fractional high-DPI scaling values.
  • Crash on load of some scenes.
  • Images with rotation in their metadata should now show the same rotation in PureRef.
  • Crash on load when having "auto load last scene" enabled.
  • PureRef would sometimes hang when cancelling loading.
  • Adding multiple items now only creates one undo action.
  • Undoing and redoing a note paste would make the note lose its parent connection.
  • Changing color of a note is now undoable.
  • Undoing a text change would still show the old text, but squished to the new size of the note.

You can find the full list of fixes and updates here