3DCoat Forums

Rotating Islands in UV room

popwfx

• Advanced Member

1) When rotating islands to manually pack, is there a way to snap the rotation to a perfect 90 /-90 degrees or 45 angle degrees as opposed to free-rotating? The auto-unwrap placed my island sideways and I'd like it **perfectly** rotated 90 degrees.

I've tried holding shift down when rotating (like in the viewport to get it to snap to the axes) but that didn't work.

2) When scaling islands, lets say you have 2 ear islands, how can you scale them so that they are precisely identical in scale - if you just free scale it then you might make them off a little. Is there a numerical scale where you can enter a value to scale (or rotate) an island)?

3) Also, not sure if this is a beta12 problem or if I just had a brain freeze, but when marking seams in the UV room, the yellow selection circle is way too big. I thought I used to be able to size that yellow circle smaller? How do you do that - or has a problem been introduced to 12?

• Advanced Member

Regarding number three, you can always use the default hotkeys for changing brush size. I think it's the same as Photoshop.

[ = Decrease size.

] = Increase size.

Ahh that works thank you. I thought there was some right mouse thing to shrink it in the UV room like in the paint room, but I may be confusing things here.

I've found for the Scaling one, although there is no numerical scaling that I can see, if I want to keep 2 islands in sync size-wise, I can multiselect and scale them both at the same time. But a numerical scale and rotate would be nice

• Advanced Member

Just figured it out. There's no precise degrees that you can rotate an island, but there is a RotateCW and RotateCCW which rotates 90 and -90. I guess that is good enough for now. Not sure how I missed those big buttons - guess I was focusing on the rotate widget in the UV preview window...