3DCoat Forums

"No Center Snap" on by Default.

popwfx

• Advanced Member

EASY one here:

It would be nice if we could make the "No Center Snap" checkbox for importing geometry for UV mapping or anything else. I don't want 3DCoat to arbitrarily set the symmetry plane where it likes. Stick it on the origin where it belongs - or let us numerically set it. The BoundingBox calculation to set symmetry plane in the boundingbox center is on by default with "No center snap" off --and that is a rare edge case. How often do you create a perfectly symmetrical object that is not centered on the origin? I would rarely ever use "No Center Snap" off.

Plus that label should probably be renamed, it sound like it is turning snapping off. It should probably be the opposite checked and be called "Ignore origin in geometry and use bounding box center" - otherwise it would always use the origin/pivot of the imported geometry to 3DCoat's origin.

At the least, it should remember "No Center Snap" from last time so that I don't forget and then my symmetry plane is all wrong after painting for awhile and then I notice.