3DCoat Forums

• Advanced Member

I tried changing the compatibility to win98 and that didn't help. Also, the ATI 8.6 drivers came out yesterday so I tried those and it didn't help either. Simply locks up when loading one of the default objects like "sphere" or any other model.

One thing that would help in cases like this is if everyone that has or doesn't have the problem, they provide their basic system specs. The easiest way is to make a signature.

One thing that would help in cases like this is if everyone that has or doesn't have the problem, they provide their basic system specs. The easiest way is to make a signature.

You are correct, I do that for LW beta testing I'll adjust my signature now.

New update still crashes on my desktop. I got a tiny bit further, this time I could see the program for a bit until I moved the mouse, then it went all black.

I tried again, this time I got as far as the serial number screen. I entered it and clicked Continue, then it crashed. Same thing for OGL and DX

post-466-1213899850_thumb.jpg

Ok...Here is my feedback.

The retopologize tool looks great so far.Easy and fast.Some more features could be added to it, but fixing whats allready there is more important to me at least.

I tried the beta at my 2 computers:

AMD 64, 2GRAM, Nvidia 7600 GT

The OGL version doesnt even start showing the common error window

The Direct version start but doest work correctly.I cant create a polygon sometimes, and other times when i manage to do so, the extrude polygon doesnt snap on surface corectly at certain angles of the camera(?)

IntelCoreDuo, 2GRAM, Nvidia 8600 GT

The OGL version runs. The tools work just corect.

On both my PC though, there are the following issues:

Some meshes load up with holes (deleted polygons) diferent at each time.

Baking the retopo mesh on my Intel PC, comes up with cheker like artifacts.

Both pc run on Windows XP 32

The tool looks great so far.. Im looking forward for the fixes! :-)

• Advanced Member

I checked the new 2.10 version.

In Direct X mode, i had 2 display bugs:

when i load the head model, holes appear on the surface.

In, sculpt mode, using the drag points mode, when i move points, a large part of the model disapepar.

post-476-1213902132_thumb.jpg

post-476-1213902150_thumb.jpg

It is not difficult to do. I will do that also. I hope there is no some copyright.

I love this feature, if you are able to do that, definitely you are a master!!!!, Thanks : )

I can't wait to use that feature, I'm clothing modeler and by the way I use Hex2 for all my modeling, any question is very welcome!

I have a big application:

1) If you have got a crash, please send it to me. If PC is not connevted to inet, send me the file InstallDir\Bugreport\bug.html

2) If you have no crash, just immediate exit, plese send me file log.txt

Thank you! Of course on my PC all works fine, so I very need some feedback.

support@3d-coat.com

ps: on my pc (AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2.09 GHz, 2GB, GeForce 8500) DX version works 40% faster then 2.09, GL version - twice faster then 2.09, so I need feedback to extend this result on your PC :)

the test was performed: sphere - 1M (import defailt), pen - radius 50, draw.

2.09 - 12-13 fps

2.10 DX -17 fps

2.10 GL - 25 fps

link is updated. I hope at least log file will be created. System requirements are decreased (there was error).

If you have downloaded and installed full package of 2.10 and want to update to 2.10B1B you can download and install short package that contains only executables. It should be installed OVERWRITE 2.10 B1.

the link to patch (17MB)

www.3d-coat.com/files/3d-Coat-2-10-BETA1-UPD.exe

Thanks for testing!

• Advanced Member

I don't have any crash, both at work or at home. Both computers have quadro Fx cards ( a Quadro FX 1500, XP 64 at home, and a Quadro FX 4600, XP 32 at work)

however, i had visual bugs.

I noticed a general speed improvement. WIth a Quadro FX 4600, Open GL display is even faster than Direct X.

The artifacts i noticed are Visual artifacts. They disappear if i draw other strokes on the model, near the artifact. I have these artifacts both with DX and Open GL Display

post-476-1213950415_thumb.jpg

post-476-1213950443_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

Okay,after uninstall the old driver,finally I successfully updated the driver.But still only got a screen splash.I noticed the log.txt file is a little different.

Here is the new one.

DXLog.txt

GLLog.txt

Oh! I just tried it with Direct X after installing the patch and it works fine so far. OGL still crashed though. I manually opened the bug.html file and sent it because it didn't open automatically.

Is anyone having trouble with making the retopo polys symmetrical? I place some polys on one side and click Apply Symmetry. The new polys appear, but are distorted with their points shooting way off screen.

I have updated both - version and patch. I hope this time most problems will be solved:

1) 945/9200 support (I hope) in DX version

2) DX/GL stability improvements

3) Window resize works correctly

4) Merge patch in retopo tool works correctly

*edit: In general GL version works faster. But in Vista initial drivers usulally vave no GL support. So it is better to setup latest video drivers. Also, DX drivers version is also important for speed of work. The author of DX/GL engine has told that initial drivers can be slow in 2-3 times in comparison to newest.

• Advanced Member

The DX version seems to run fine. The only thing I noticed is my 3dconnexion device was real slow doing rotations, but I can take care of that in the device setup.

The GL version files with an "unable to compile" message. I'll attach a copy of the log.txt.

I saw your message about a new update so I'll download that before more teting.

Here's the log.txt:

Log.txt

The information about 3D Mouse is especially important for me because now I have no this device but camera navigation was essentially changed. Please check if all movements lead to correct rotation/moving. Also if speed is changed, please tell what is changed: zooming, panning, spin, tilt,... and how much (approx %).