3DCoat Forums

• Advanced Member

I checked the 2.092 version against the new DX version. The movement sensitivity was set to .62 in 2.092, which I believe was the default. I saw no reason to change it since the speed in all axis seemed fine.

In the new DX version, I saw the sensitivity was set to 1.00. The panning and zooming seemed close to the older version, but rotates (spin) and tilts were very slow -- guessing 20% (or 80% slower.)

Okay, I just found out I can run both versions at the same time. Setting the Rotation sensitivity, Spin modulator, Tilt modulator, and Roll modulator to 5.00 in the DX version seems to be about the same as the .62 settings in 2.092.

Can't check the GL version yet because of the problem I mentioned above -- maybe the latest update will work (it takes me a while to download since I'm on dial-up.)

[edit] as I think about it, I may have set the 2.092 sensitivity down a while back from 1.000 to 0.062 -- don't remember. Anyway, with both set to 1.000, the DX version seems about 80% slower in spin and tilt.

• Advanced Member

can run both DX and OGL versions, but have draw errors as follows:

draw-errors_DX.jpg

(the OGL version only has 2 draw errors similar to above which appear

to 'pull' polygons to the 'center' of the viewport)

My desktop system:

XP Pro SP2, 3ghz PIV, 2gigRAM, ati x800 with latest drivers and 256mb RAM

My desktop system:

Are you sure that it was BETA1C? Please check version number on the header.

• Advanced Member

I've got still this bug with version 2.10c : sometimes, the stroke become messy.

I noticed something that may help : when it happens, the brush circle becomes perpendicular to the surface.

post-476-1214048763_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

No crash now with 1C GL. But both show the "holes" or "artifacts" mentioned above.

The easiest way to see them (at least on my system) is to start with a default object, set the radius to 50 and use the pen to draw three or four lines. Then do three or four "undo's".

Andrew,

The current 2.10 Beta won't run at all on my laptop with this Video Adapter: Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family

Driver: ialmrnt5.dll

I don't know if you can do anything about this - no real worries, I haven't tried it on my Desktop yet, but I'm sure it will run fine, I'll post if I run into problems with that one too.

Thanks so much for all your hard work, 3D Coat is absolutely incredible!

rf

I think the graphics problems myself and others have been getting are related to the latest Nvidia drivers. I just tried to run civilization 4 and the monitor blanked out - it always ran before. I am also experiencing graphical problems with Opera browser.

I think the graphics problems myself and others have been getting are related to the latest Nvidia drivers. I just tried to run civilization 4 and the monitor blanked out - it always ran before. I am also experiencing graphical problems with Opera browser.

That may be true, I've never been able to get past the menu screen in Crysis, but with latest drivers I can't event get the menu, its just all black.

Edit: Here's a new one (attached). I was sculpting head from a sphere when it crashed. It let me save so I did. When I reloaded the model it looked like this. Note that all of the text is just blocks. This is the DX version.

post-466-1214082803_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

I see similar problems but have an ATI card with the latest drivers (8.6). I backed off a couple revisions and still saw the same problems.

Guest Lottmedia

draw-errors_DX.jpg

My desktop system:

I'm getting those same problems on my Vista Tablet, both versions

Edit: I just realized witht the GL version when I to use a material it overlays ONTOP of the model, so I can only see the material

Casey

• Advanced Member

I appears the "holes" or artifacts are only displayed in 3D-Coat, not exported as part of the model. I just did a quick couple of tests to Lightwave as an .obj and .lwo.

Here is a screen capture of the cube (unsmoothed) with a few lines drawn on it and then a couple "undo's". The export of the mesh didn't have the black artifacts.

post-438-1214152916_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

Andrew -- I was looking at the GL version of 2.10 1C and see similar "holes" or artifacts as the DX after drawing a few lines with the pen Again, they don't appear to be part of the mesh -- just displayed. If I do a fill, it looks like they get over-written (disappear.) I find it interesting that if I undo the fill, the original lines are still there but the artifacts do no re-appear until I draw some more.

As I was playing with the DX version I noticed some holes and the holes would disappear as I drew over them but then they would reappear as I drew more. Like sometimes I would draw on the front of the object and they would appear on the back. It reminds me of a non-planar polygon in LightWave. How if you have a square poly and move one point it'll be OK at first but as you move it more it'll start to flicker and then disappear altogether.

This is a bug that was in previous versions, but also in this one.

If you use the hard pen, the first one in the list, with additive drawing turned off, the brush size determines the depth level. In the attached image I didn't touch the depth at all I just left it at the default .50. I scrubbed over the model, then hit ] to make the brush one size larger and swiped across the already painted area. Then hit [ twice to make it one size smaller than it was before and brushed across the gap I had left.

post-466-1214264103_thumb.jpg