3DCoat Forums

SurfaceMode sculpting presets v4.##

artman

• Contributor

no,its a little more recent actually.But one in build is still good I think,its the one Beat is using.

Im using a new one now with few experimental/unsafe presets I will send them to Andrew to be included into builds once Raul has fixed the said issues.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

With the last update the presets are populated with someones named

RenderTools1

RenderTools25

and so on

If i select it... 3DC switch to render room...

How do you use this presets ?

ty

//edit - ty Artman. I found a bug not related to your presets.

Every add camera snapshot is saved as RendelTool at Preset Popups

http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=1323

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm using 1.8.3 and removed the old presets as instructed, but still I do not get "Clay" or "Clay Build" aka "Rapid 2" to function from the Presets. Rapid works fine when chosen from the "Spacebar" menu, but if I select the Preset "Clay or ClayBuild" they do not, nor does "Rapid2" if I choose if from the "Spacebar" . I'm on build 4.0.09 DX64 mode (educational - if this matters) if anyone can offer guidance.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Reputable Contributor

Will these work on the Steam version of 3D Coat? 

They should. The Steam versions are really just a licensing thing. The software is the same exact ones you can purchase here. Steam typically doesn't have the latest Beta builds on their site...rather just the latest "stable" build. But you can always download and use the latest Beta builds, here. There are usually a lot of new features and enhancements in between "Stable" releases.

This thread should answer some questions about the Steam version of 3D Coat

http://3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10451

Edited by AbnRanger

• 1 month later...
  • Contributor

I can't get Clay and Clay Build to work with the new 15B version.

I'm using your latest brush pack.

Never mind. It doesn't work with the mouse, but does work with the tablet.

Edited by ajz3d

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member

my clay build wasnt working, so cleared presets.

loaded em from here. still clay build isn't working :(

using latest beta build.

anyone got any suggestions?

Hey Aleksey!

Try clearing out your configs If that doesn't work uninstall every build you have, delete all of the configs and then fresh install a new one. Just make sure to back up any of your custom configs/presets/etc.. At least one of those should work for you, it works for me when I have that happen.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

These presets are still good to use considering the V4.1? New user here.

Hey there. Welcome aboard. :)

These presets ship standard with 3DC now, so you will have them already with the installer. FWIW, I use quite a few of them each time I sculpt. They are really great!

• Advanced Member

Hey there. Welcome aboard. :)

These presets ship standard with 3DC now, so you will have them already with the installer. FWIW, I use quite a few of them each time I sculpt. They are really great!

Thanks for your response and I'm very glad to be aboard 3D Coat's ship. :)

But I guess that I'm doing some sort of newbie error. I can not find the artman's preset anywhere, even on the presets tool through windows > popup. When I manually installed the preset on the 4.1.12 version, they were very few compared to what I was using on my Steam version. Any tips? Thanks.

Edited by dimitribastos

• 2 weeks later...
  • Contributor

Thanks for your response and I'm very glad to be aboard 3D Coat's ship. :)

But I guess that I'm doing some sort of newbie error. I can not find the artman's preset anywhere, even on the presets tool through windows > popup. When I manually installed the preset on the 4.1.12 version, they were very few compared to what I was using on my Steam version. Any tips? Thanks.

you are better off with the "very few" from a manual install,all extra ones are mostly old obsolete and redundant presets .

• Like 1

• Contributor

Hello artman,

How can i strip out those obsolete presets? Which are new and which are old/obsolete/redundant?

Your presets are excellent, thanks for that.

Cheers

-rename all presets to other names like MyClay ,MyScifiarmor ect...so they don't get overwritten when loading my pack manually 

-then make back up of them using file- make extension

-Clear all presets

-Load my preset pack

-load your Back up pack

-Now you can see old/new all together

-All renamed ones will obviously be the old/redundant ones....now you can compare and manually delete ones you don't want or

find redundant

Alternatively you can just Clear all presets then load my pack....

which imo is the best/simplest way....but maybe you already made yourself some presets and want to keep em...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Reputable Contributor

From time to time, I delete all the config files (XML) from the MyDocs/3D Coat folder, in order to rule out them being the source of bug-like behavior. I usually restore my Options_Presets.XML file, or move it back....but somehow I permanent deleted it and after installing the newest build, there is nothing in my Presets panel. So, this preset pack might come with a first-time install, but not subsequent installs.

If one is frequently downloading and installing 3DC builds (like most of us testers), it is highly recommended to occasionally backup your presets, layout, etc.. Then uninstall every build, remove every trace of 3DC from the installer directories (including the My Docs directories), and then reinstall the latest build. It avoids any kind of weirdness you might chance upon.

• Reputable Contributor

Looks like the work-around is to re-name the MyDocs/3D Coat V4 folder > Install new build > copy Options_Presets.XML and Presets.XML file from the newly created MyDocs/3D Coat V4 folder > Paste into the older one (re-write over the ones there) > delete the newly created folder > Rename the old one back to 3D-Coat V4, like it was.

• 11 months later...
  • Contributor

updated to the version i am currently using in 4.5.16 (file is in page 1 of this thread)..... some older bushes seems really out of place and weird, anyway they went through so many iterations that I dont know which ones people are using...so make a backup if you plan on installing those new ones there might be some older one you like better.

I tried intsalling older pack and really had an horrendous experiences with some brushes like polish or HD sharp(when I tried them they only crush the mesh with crazy pinch,seems like there is no depth to them anymore...)I don't know what went wrong or maybe some things changed along the updates ...anyway,this version is the one that I use and has the best feeling for me...

• Like 3

• Carlosan changed the title to SurfaceMode sculpting presets v4.##
  • Carlosan unpinned this topic