3DCoat Forums

SurfaceMode sculpting presets v4.##

artman

• Contributor

Here are a bunch of brush presets to sculpt organic and Hardsurface in 3DCoat using Surface mode/Liveclay.
They are optimized to be used on 3DCoat Default spheres,the Generic_Bust_MAle and the mannequin provided at startup which means any midres lump of clays with highres details added with smaller radius brush strokes.
So if you plan on using them on a undivided 512 low poly spaceship or on a 33 million poly head scan....they might not work as well.
Most of those brushes are not really tweakable....meaning that changing even slightly some parameters can totally throw off the desired effect.(like replacing scifi armor brushes alphas with custom ones wont give same result+newalpha....its a little more complicated than that.)

Load using File-Install Extension, once done Restart 3DCoat.

For build 4.5.16 and later ONLY. (new version:Updated Sept 2015)

artman presets for 3DCoat 4.5.3dcpack

Have FUN!!!

• Like 8

• Contributor

I must add: Sharp add/sub is the crease brush most of us probably waited for.

It's awesome to define crevices without looking too mechanical, and flatten is the closest equivalent of trimdynamic (in zbrush) you can get, use it with ctrl to raise the surface, and without to eat the surface with a planar effect.

Imo, they should be the default presets available at first launch (if the user hasn't already some from a previous version) .

I completely agree. With Artman's permission, I'll do my best to make it happen. Is it OK Artman?

• Contributor

Imo, they should be the default presets available at first launch (if the user hasn't already some from a previous version) .

I tried out these presets.....SOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!! I cried a little. These MUST BE included by default in 3D-Coat! Artman is a genius!

• Reputable Contributor

Hi. What can i do to load this presets ? Where i have to copy files from zip file ?

You load the PenPack from the Brushes Pallet. Upper right-hand corner of the pallet, there is a drop arrow. One of the options in the list is "Add Brushes from Package." Then do go to the drop list in the Preset panel and "Load Preset from file" to load his preset file

• Reputable Contributor

I went ahead and made a .3dcpack file from the two, so it's easier to install and for users to find. I uploaded it to the DOWNLOADS > RESOURCES section, from the 3D Coat main page. It's under the Brushes category.

Anyone want to test and see if it works? I already have it installed.

=22&tx_neofileshare_pi5[cat]=1"]http://3d-coat.com/download/3dcpack/file-details/?tx_neofileshare_pi5[uid]=22&tx_neofileshare_pi5[cat]=1

• Like 1

• Contributor

thanx Don!! :)

it works but it is not latest version so I would rather like if it wasnt on 3DCoat website please,

because on forum it is easier as I can edit my post while on site there is only upload function.

• Reputable Contributor

thanx Don!! :)

it works but it is not latest version so I would rather like if it wasnt on 3DCoat website please,

because on forum it is easier as I can edit my post while on site there is only upload function.

Well, I was working on a presets tutorial, and wanted to show how users could share those resources. I'll leave it in place until there is an update. The one I uploaded was your 1.2 version
  • Like 1

Hi Forum I've followed instructions to load Artman's presets but no luck. I did get the pen pack into 3d coat but had to drag the folder over manually

into "patterns" in the corresponding 3dcV4 user folder.

Can anyone tell me the file directory structure should be in order to get the tool presets loaded manually? I'm on Mac OSX 10.6.8 V4 beta 12b

do have the old V3 installed still- possibly this is the issue?

Help much appreciated.

• Contributor

just use version from page 1 here....use "Install extension" and select file,and exit and restart 3DCoat

it install both pens and presets at the same time.

to make preset tab appear slect Window-Pop ups-Presets that's all! :)

you are not supposed to drag any folder anywhere....(anyway there is no folder ,file is a .3dcpack)

as you said,probably it is an issue because you are using an older version maybe...

it is intended for v4.12 and later

you can get it there :)

http://3d-coat.com/f...opic=10395&st=0

Hi thanks for the response- Sadly it is still not working. I did clean install of everything (yes latest update 412b) and got rid of 3.7.

Then I selected install extension in UI , navigating and selecting the .3dcpack file (after unzipping the files in same location.)

I can see by checking the 3dc V4 user folder directory that the folders have installed themselves. The penpack is installed and shows the 2 pens alphas from 3dc's UI.

All your Artman xml files are in a nested folder in 3dcv4 user folder called Temp Presets inside Temp folder.

However nothing comes up in preset Pop up window- nor can I right click the menu and load from any file.

I see no document file with the extension .preset anywhere.

When I make my own presets there is a .preset file that can be loaded in the pop up to link the xml files.

Maybe someone can shed some light on this problem. At least tell me if there should have been a .preset file created during the install extension for Artman's brushpack. Or is there

possibly some other item that is being done incorrectly.

Thanks

It is working now that I put the .preset in the folder manually.

I am a newbie to the sculpting area of 3dc (have used for retopo for some time) and so am grappling with learning the voxel and lc brushes.

Thank you so much for creating these!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to SurfaceMode sculpting presets v4.##
  • Carlosan unpinned this topic