3DCoat Forums

SurfaceMode sculpting presets v4.##

artman

• Advanced Member

Tried to install this package myself in the latest mac beta of v 4 and the presets do not install. The brush shapes do but no presets.

Ok. I know what I did wrong. I forgot to go into surface mode. :) All working perfectly.

Thank you

Mike

• 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Artman, thanks for sharing.

Your presets are really good. I should have check them earlier.

Greeble2 is may be my favorite.

I think it is all what is needed to create anything very fast.

+ it is cool to be able to maintain both your tools and the default one.

Thanks a lot !

• Advanced Member

Awesome brushes! Way better than default ones imo. Could you add buildup option to your clay brush (I'm nut sure if this is possible in 3dc)? For those who cannot import brush pack : just rename file extension from zip to 3dcpack.

Any way here is firs sculpt in 3d coat using your brushes for 90% of work:

post-37682-0-95275500-1372511174_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Contributor

Next set of presets are 5x better due to some change in presets and very powerful cahnges in 3DCoat brush engine itself.

There is a new Clay build preset that perform as well as Zb clay buildup.... minus the stretching of course :) .

Finely spaced bushes like Sharp and Greeble brushes (now renamed scifi armor 1 and 2) perform much better.

New Sharp preset is as good as Dam Standard but because it is LC you can use it with much more freedom.

Flatten and Polish presets are finally perfected because now lower normal sampling values are allowed,flattening and polishing in narrow tricky areas is much better now,especially when polishing in addition mode.

I will release them same time as new build,probably in 2 days.

• Like 1

• Contributor

I'm so excited to try these out!

But what do you mean by, "polishing in addition mode"? What is addition mode? Do you mean NOT holding down CTRL?

yeah exactly,I mean Polishing while adding to the surface instead of substracting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Well, I was working on a presets tutorial, and wanted to show how users could share those resources. I'll leave it in place until there is an update. The one I uploaded was your 1.2 version

Really looking forward to the preset tutorial!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Reputable Contributor

I am totally confused as to how this is supposed to work. If I clear my current preset panel and re-install the latest build of 3D Coat, I do not see Artman's presets loaded. That means a new user has to somehow divine by prayer and fasting, that there are some magical presets that are supposed to make their sculpting experience more enlightening. So, by Angelic revelation, one is directed to the Download section, under resources > Brushes > Artman preset pack.

The Angel tells the new user to "follow the directions!" But no joy....as one simply cannot install a ".8" extension. Not as a PenPack or .3dcpack. Can we not fix this, brothers? Can somebody lend me an "Amen," here? :D

BTW....I grabbed the Angel's robe...he was none too happy about that, mind you  :) ....and I says "I will not let you go, until you MAKE Artman's download work....dang-it! He said, with fire in his eyes....pretty scary stuff, I might add...."CHANGE THE EXTENSION FOR ARTMAN, FOR HE HAS SINNED IN THIS TRICKERATION!!!"

Edited by AbnRanger
  • Like 1

another question

when i use -like example- Clay or Clay build.... the model is heavily tesellate

tris counts jump from 1M to 8M in few strokes...

must the model have a determinate size ?

which is the correct workflow to avoid it ?

ty

• Reputable Contributor

another question

ty

It probably uses BuildClay and the detail amount might be set too high for the model and brush size you are using. You can adjust the detail in the tool options panel and then under that preset, right-click > UPDATE PRESET.

• Contributor

another question

ty

sorry but,I dont experience this ....there is not detail value ...its only RemoveStrtching ....and I highly doubt removestretcting make a mesh jump from 1M to 8million... something is wrong...brush is simple its just Rapid2 with Removestretching on...no detail values....please show video if possible.

Don,Im sorry I never noticed that .8 shit...and I dont know how long its been that way. I uploaded the .penpack....I dont even know what a .8 file is supposed to be.Probably a bug in the upload feature of the site....I will try again....Ok,tried again it seems there must not be a number in the file name...pretty absurd otherwize the file loose its .3dcpack extension....same thing is happening for Alembic Negative volume pack....not good :("

RemoveStretching

you right, troubles using it

if the model is BIG... polycount jumped to sky

but

if scaled the model to work using the same preset... and brush size keeps below 1, everything is fine

ty

• Contributor

RemoveStretching

you right, troubles using it

if the model is BIG... polycount jumped to sky

but

if scaled the model to work using the same preset... and brush size keeps below 1, everything is fine

ty

I still dont understand....below 1 ?!! nobody needs to use brush radius below 1....

I cranked a mesh up to   1 million and used radius above 50 and polycount never went above 1 million and 500k...thats a 500k increase...

sometimes RemoveStretching even made the polycount go down.

I even cranked the scale of the model ridiculously and used a 300 radius brush size....still no issue.

Please show video,i really dont understand how it can jump from1million to 8 million polys using RemoveStretching

I really want to understand what is happening.

• Reputable Contributor

sorry but,I dont experience this ....there is not detail value ...its only RemoveStrtching ....and I highly doubt removestretcting make a mesh jump from 1M to 8million... something is wrong...brush is simple its just Rapid2 with Removestretching on...no detail values....please show video if possible.

Don,Im sorry I never noticed that .8 shit...and I dont know how long its been that way. I uploaded the .penpack....I dont even know what a .8 file is supposed to be.Probably a bug in the upload feature of the site....I will try again....Ok,tried again it seems there must not be a number in the file name...pretty absurd otherwize the file loose its .3dcpack extension....same thing is happening for Alembic Negative volume pack....not good :("

Yeah...it's frustrating when even a regular user can't follow instructions and get it to work. Can only imagine how much more it must be for a new user...to hear this cryptic talk of Artman presets included as the default, to make sculpting in Surface mode nicer. It isn't loaded by default and one has to somehow figure out the the extension is wrong. Not good. Why can Andrew not have these load/install these by default...just as he does with other default brushes, strips, masks, etc.?

• Contributor

Yeah...it's frustrating when even a regular user can't follow instructions and get it to work. Can only imagine how much more it must be for a new user...to hear this cryptic talk of Artman presets included as the default, to make sculpting in Surface mode nicer. It isn't loaded by default and one has to somehow figure out the the extension is wrong. Not good. Why can Andrew not have these load/install these by default...just as he does with other default brushes, strips, masks, etc.?

Isn't it loaded by default? When I did a completely fresh install for version 4.0.06A (deleted all the existing folders for 3D-Coat before installing), Artman's presets were there when I opened it for the first time. I'm not sure if they are the very latest version, but they were there.

They are in the default installation of 3DC with a clean install, for sure. You don't need to download and install separately (unless Artman has updated them after you installed them, of course).

Hi

how can i uninstall only the old artman presets to install the new one

artman penpack final ver 1.8.3dcpack

with the last version 1.8... must i install firsts the penpack that comes with version 1.4 ?

ty

• Contributor

Hi

how can i uninstall only the old artman presets to install the new one

artman penpack final ver 1.8.3dcpack

with the last version 1.8... must i install firsts the penpack that comes with version 1.4 ?

ty

no,just delete manually any old presets from the preset list.

Then install new .penpack. :)

you do not need to install old version first ...just throw it in the garbage bin.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Contributor

Maybe it's a silly question, but is the v.1.8 presets pack older than presets from 3D Coat 4.0.7B?

no,its a little more recent actually.But one in build is still good I think,its the one Beat is using.

Im using a new one now with few experimental/unsafe presets I will send them to Andrew to be included into builds once Raul has fixed the said issues.

• Carlosan changed the title to SurfaceMode sculpting presets v4.##
  • Carlosan unpinned this topic