3DCoat Forums

'Ignore back faces' checkbox has no effect 4b12A

• Advanced Member

I reported this in mantis (I think). Is anyone else having the same experience with 4b12A?

Original input:

"

0000860: Trying to use any tool that extrudes, like the Gum tool will force all the extrusions toward the camera, regardless of angle

Description I have a sculpt I'm working on and I want to gum an extrusion all the way around a leg joint. The problem is, even if I change the direction of the extrusion (Average/Normal/Vertex, etc.) I still get this problem, where the extrusion happens in one direction, but the back faces are pulled inward, instead of extruded outward. I want to gum it, but I can't seem to get this to work...thoughts?

Steps To Reproduce I found a bug. If I gum with Vertex normal, or even extrude, it creates the same problem as before, but if I go to expand with those settings, it works. Then if I go back to using extrude or gum with those settings, it works. I'll put that in the bug thread."

New edit:

"I learned from the forums that to get this to work I had to check/uncheck 'Ignore back faces.' This worked until I started using version 4.00 Beta 12A. Now, I get the problem of this option check box not having any affect on my model. I can use it checked or unchecked and the change only happens in one place.

For example, I can try to inner extrude a window on two opposite sides of a building...using Voxel Mode, Build Brush and a window shape. I want the windows to line up perfectly and to extrude into the building on both sides at the same time. Normally, with Vertex Normal Extrude Direction on, I can simply hold Ctrl+Enter with my shape or mask lined up on one side of the building and it will work on both the front and back sides equally. Now, with the 4b12A, I only see it work on the side I'm facing, regardless of whether or not I check 'Ignore back faces.'"