3DCoat Forums

Loading presets

Sam Colver

• Reputable Contributor

I recently downloaded Artman's brush presets. Now would someone please instruct me on how to load them?

In the Brush's Pallet, go to the upper right hand corner of the pallet and click the little drop list arrow. From the list, choose "Add Brushes from Package." He mentioned loading the penpack first, so find the penpack file. Once that is loaded > go do the same thing in the Presets Panel > Choose "Add Presets from File." Now you should have his loaded. If you add to them at any point, with your own presets, you should choose from that drop list to Save presets to file. This way, if you have to delete some config files in the MyDocs/3D Coat directory, then you can quickly restore your presets.
  • Like 1

• Contributor

there is thing thing Andrew made called "create extension" where you can bundle brushes.curves,alphas and presets altogether in one file.

It works very well.

User just select "install extension" and select file,very quick and simple.

I will probably reupload uing this format soon.

• 1 year later...
  • Reputable Contributor

Yes the Artman Presets are included now.

And ABNRanger share some great Brushes, too.

http://3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16023

Every once in a blue moon, I delete all the xml files in the MyDocs/3D Coat directory > Install/Re-Install latest build. That's in case the bug-like behavior is really one of those files being guffed up. Problem is, not only do I have to re-load all the UI layouts/schemes, brushes, etc.....but no presets are installed. So, if Artman's is loaded by default, why would I not see them after a fresh install?

• Contributor

I think there is a install bug or conflict, if you have an existing 3dcoatV4 folder in mydocuments.

I am not sure why, but if you install one version over an existing ones, the presets wont be activatet.

On my last fresh install, not sure if it was with 4.08 or 4.09, i have deletet everything.

With everything i mean, my install folder of 3d coat and the folder from MyDocs.

After installing and activating my version, all presets from Artman was there.

You could check it without problems.

Simple rename the two 3d coat folder (in MyDocs and install folder on C:\ or whatever) and install 3d coat again.

After the startup you must see all Presets.

To get your old install, simple delete the new folders and rename your old folders back the original names.

Give it a try. :)

• 1 year later...
  • Reputable Contributor

I use a modified verison of artman's presest which include my own for voxel mode and surface mode brushes. I also have adjusted some of his for my own use.

I think this is the artman's original presets in the attached file as I had saved them a number of months ago. Check it out to be sure... 

If this is not the full set, ask someone to save the artman's presets for you and post it here...

artman.zip

Edited by digman
  • Like 1