3DCoat Forums

TimmyZsMichalisTribute_01.jpg

Hello everyone! My version is on the right. I tried to copy the sculpt by Michalis (on the left) as closely as possible.

I think this is a great way to practice sculpting and painting because it forces me to do things I might otherwise avoid.

I wanted to thoroughly test out the Artman sculpting presets, and I also wanted to complete the entire thing within 3D-Coat.

I started out creating the base forms in Voxel mode, and then I switched to Surface mode and finished the sculpt. Then I vertex painted it, and rendered it in the Render room.

6.25 million total visible triangles upon completion.

Here is another render:

TimmyZsMichalisTribute_02.jpg

• Like 3

Quite gory! Michalis usually produces cuddly busts of a classical nature and I've never seen his dark side. Good job on yours too!

great !

sad 3dc render engine doesnt look far better that cycles or ZB internal... *sigh* :(

Thanks everyone!

@Garagarape: I don't know where Michalis got the inspiration for his sculpt. I was just copying his work so that I could practice sculpting in 3D-Coat. I think the Artman brush presets are great!

Impressive work. More clean, more stable than mine actually.

Oh, i just missed this thread, so sorry.

~6.5 M triangles? SImilar density as mine I guess. (sculpted in blender as dyntopology ~300k, retopo and multiresolution sculpting at ~4M quads)

BTW, inspiration came from lot of works in monsterlogic zb forum. LOL.

I don't call it inspiration though. Just playing.

My dark side, lol, and lol.

My really dark side comes up when trying to learn, to understand, human civilization, people...

• Like 1

Thanks again Michalis! I think your sculpt has a more "flesh-like" quality that I was not completely able to capture.

I will continue to experiment with this...and I am also digging deeper into the wonders of Blender of course!

"flesh-like" quality

Mostly because of the cycles renderer. (why don't you give it a try?)

(BTW, I used some alphas adopted from zbrush libraries)

Now, cycles has a new real SSS shader (and a fast fake one).

It is a very interesting workaround.

What's the best way to export it (as obj)

Cycles loves multiple maps, can be wonderfully combined via nodes, endless possibilities.

Exporting 3dc layer textures one by one is something I haven't try yet. Maybe some wonderful results, this way.