3DCoat Forums

Help - Import for PPP is very slow...

• Advanced Member

I am downloading Beta 14 - but my question is about Beta 13B in case that matters.

I am loading for per pixel painting a character model with 64,596 points / 63,660 quad polygons, 27 UV maps, that share 17 4000x4000 pixel texture images (8 diffuse maps, 4 spec maps, & 5 b&w displacement/bump maps)

I turn on "No Center Snap" and "Keep UVs" and "no subdivisions" and 3DCoat has been going for 15 minutes and still hasn't loaded this Lightwave object. I get a not responding, and my CPU looks like this attached pic. Only 2 cores are at 100% and only half the memory is being used.

Lightwave opens up the same file in 15 seconds. What is the deal with 3DC being so slow? (I think it may eventually open after 30-45 minutes but I usually get so frustrated I kill the 3DC process.

What is going on? Why can Lightwave open the same file relatively quickly and 3DC have so much trouble with it.

It is an 8 core Xeon 2.8Ghz with 24Gb RAM.

My video card in this machine is a NVidia 570 GTX with 2.5Gb. (I know this is not a new Titan card or anything but this is a Mac Pro and this is the best video card available for the machine - and yes I know I am running Win 7 x64 on it) But It seems fast enough for Lightwave with this same content? Is this a bug in 3DCoat? Can it be sped up to work?

Help please! thanks! :)

post-2650-0-09081600-1365253034_thumb.pn