3D Coat Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lord_quas

Yo I'm a Raptor doin' what I can gonna eat everything 'til the appearance of man. Yo yo yo, see me, I'm living below the soil, I'll be back but I'm comin' as oil!

Heres a low poly velociraptor Ive made.

I havent done anything like this since coming to Canada but im really pleased with the end result.

3d-CoatGL64S+2013-04-14+16-56-34-4822222.jpg

Using the depth feature in the paint tool to accentuate the normal map underneath (also using the paint in/less cavity option).

back+shot.png

IMG_09042013_212134.png

So the story is being common with Max I started in Mudbox for the first week whilst researching all the new tools ive missed in the last 2 years I came accross 3D-coat.

I initially used it just to unwrap my model which took me 30 minutes instead of god know how many hours Max takes. Was impressed with the fact it kept all the islands the correct scale to the point where I couldnt even tell where the seams were.

Mudbox's symetry tool broke on me half way through the build and I ended up repairing and salvaging the project through 3D-Coat and mirroring the model which i fixed the inverted normal map with the import normal switch the red channel feature.

3D-Coat has been a real life saver and I wouldnt of been able to produce such a good result without it so thanks.

I have some more images of my process and the stages it went through if you guys want to check it out.

bipmatt.blogspot.ca

• Like 4

Nice. :good: Make sure to try the latest V4 Beta build (if you bought a license since August of last year, you get V4 for free anyway...plus all betas are open to the entire userbase), as there have been some baking improvements recently...including better seamlessness in Per Pixel Painting.

Just dropped him into the XNA Sunburn Engine, no change to lighting looks great from default.

Over the next couple of months i'll be creating environment pieces in 3D-Coat and more assets that will eventually go into an Xbox game.

I'll keep posting to this site with screengrabs and videos and timelapses to share the process. Its going to be a fun 4player (drop in to start) game with Raptors with an ecologic twist. The game will be created and be ready for release by the end of the summer.

3a0fecda67ad98fdf2b3ebe72795a8d8.png?1366487470

Sign in to follow this