Competition Forum Anyone?

ebitz

Test - Do you see this pool ?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Must vote system be implemented ?

• Yes! please :D
    • No! very bad idea :P

• Advanced Member

I think a great way for users sharing ideas and encouraging each other with 3d coat is to have a competition forum. This could create much more content as far as workflows and workarounds as well as anything else you might want to know. Not to mention great 3D art.

• Like 1

Winners will rocket jump to the hall of fame: http://3d-coat.com/gallery/images-gallery/

-------------------------------

we need a new Competitions subforum

and a vote system

and to add IPGallery to the IPBoard forum config just to have the Recent Gallery Images option ready

example

1tsag.png

• 2 weeks later...

Friendly competition is always a good thing. Once I get my way around 3D Coat, count me in. But, I think this is more of a "are their resources available" issue? need people to moderate this sort of content.

Word on the grapevine is that this MIGHT be implemented soon! Keep your fingers crossed!

Then I better start catching up with the rest of you guys. Quick.

• 3 weeks later...

True. It could even be 3d coat exclusive. Or not, an idea though. I haven't experimented with the voxels much. Could though for a project. One stop shop!

Edited by Amos

News about this implementation

Very Sorry but I have a LOT of work to do now with release of V4
Please remind me little bit later (after 10 days at least)
So... we need to wait a little more :)

I've been working with Vladimir the webmaster on this very thing for over a month. Please be patient. He cannot do anything until after he finishes other work relating to v4 release.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

D O N E

Ty Vladimir and Javis for a continuous support

So please community, time to populate the gallery with awesome works !!!!!! :)

------------------

next step:

Competition system / subforum :rofl:

Your free to make your own judgements but who would want to judge for everybody?

Does the forum have a voting mechanism? This way, the community judges the competitions, as a whole.

To clarify, it is not a competition. There will be no "competing". Challenge, is the word I would use to describe it. Is anyone familiar with the speed modeling challenges on the NewTek forum? It will be very similar to that, wherein the previous "winner" will set what the challenge is (and supply any content if applicable, such as Paint this Model, Challenge) for the time following the challenge they have "won", this person will also decide who the next "winner" is for the challenge they sort forth. In the event that said person cannot decide for whatever reason, I, TimmyZDesign or another Admin (if an admin isn't available, a moderator will help).

The rules will be pretty similar, though the time frame will be extended to about a month per challenge.

I should point out, this is a friendly challenge. It will be a challenge of ones own skills, not against others. I hope to see this as a way for everyone to improve their skills, whether it be painting, sculpting or even the more mundane stuff like UV mapping and retopo.

Also a huge thanks to TimmyZDesign for helping out and pushing things forward. Cheers. :drinks:

EDIT: That said, I wouldn't be against changing some of the things we have set up (like who decides who wins, the community voting/liking tool might be a great way to do so as well).

• Like 1

• Contributor

Also a huge thanks to TimmyZDesign for helping out and pushing things forward. Cheers. :drinks:

Thanks also to you Javis and Vladimir of course!

In any case, this is going to be a really good way to learn and improve our skills! The friendly competition aspect of it just adds a layer of fun!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...