3DCoat Forums

With the retopo, tool drawing splines: Every time I do anything that would make the splines disappear 3DC crashes. That means hitting Enter to complete the tool, deleting a spline, clearing all splines, etc. I've tried it and crashed 3 or 4 times.

I have updated the link again. Changes:

1) All blending model work fine (but hue)

2) Correct merging of layers even with blending

4) Possibility of applying all blending model and effects to current layer (new item in layers menu). It makes normal blending mode without any visual changes.

3) MUCH better connector with projection. Now it rendegs image with very good quality and even can be used as "Render" image. Global lighting and soft shadows are still not there but it will be there soon. It creates separade lighting and gloss layers.

5) Open GL error should be fixed

With the retopo, tool drawing splines: Every time I do anything that would make the splines disappear 3DC crashes. That means hitting Enter to complete the tool, deleting a spline, clearing all splines, etc. I've tried it and crashed 3 or 4 times.

Ok, I will fix it tomorrow morning (GMT+2), now I should end the day :(

*edit: can't reproduce bug... Can it be reproduced on standart models?

• Advanced Member

there are several bugs on freeze:

1.freeze the surface,then unfreeze all, the surface still remain black.

2.when "freeze transparent pixels", then "unfreeze all",the surface of the model turn to black.

3.freeze some area,then invert freeze,the surface of the model turn to black.

4.after unfreeze all,can't freeze again!

5.when clear the whole scene without saving,then import the same model,as if the freeze is still work,really stange,perhapes some data still remain in the memory.

• Advanced Member

From this day forward, the name 'Andrew Shpagin' may only be mentioned in a sentence if followed directly by the words "the Legend".

The latest beta release of 3D Coat is now working perfectly on my trusty old Acer Travelmate 4020, which means that I will now also be able to detail my models in my living room while sitting with my fiancée in front of the telly after work in the evening instead of leaving her all alone while I use my more powerful desktop pc in my office.

She will be very pleased! :)

Very well done Andrew. This is so great! How do you do it?

When will the 2.10 full release be ready, by the way?

I am going to have to request a new hardware code and will probably need to buy a bigger hard drive for the laptop to store all of my wonderful creations.

Thank you,

Marc Wakefield

http://www.marcwakefield.co.uk

From this day forward, the name 'Andrew Shpagin' may only be mentioned in a sentence if followed directly by the words "the Legend".

The latest beta release of 3D Coat is now working perfectly on my trusty old Acer Travelmate 4020, which means that I will now also be able to detail my models in my living room while sitting with my fiancée in front of the telly after work in the evening instead of leaving her all alone while I use my more powerful desktop pc in my office.

She will be very pleased! :)

Very well done Andrew. This is so great! How do you do it?

When will the 2.10 full release be ready, by the way?

I am going to have to request a new hardware code and will probably need to buy a bigger hard drive for the laptop to store all of my wonderful creations.

Thank you,

Marc Wakefield

http://www.marcwakefield.co.uk

Thanks!

2.10 will be released when I will see that it is stable enough. I hope it will occur during the week. I can't wait to start 3.0

In 2.10 there are some problems:

1) Pen sometimes works strange (Lottmedia reported) - I can't reproduce, so it is difficult to fix.

2) I need to implement hardware independent licensing (requires 1,2 days)

3) Need to make customization of navi

4) Many small fixes

If you need new code- just mail me.

• Advanced Member

Andrew, just thought I'd mention this again (in case you missed it)...seems the 'ok' button

isn't activated by hitting 'return' on the keyboard as it was in previous versions. This saves

a bit of effort in actually having to click 'ok' every time after a numeric input change.

*edit* thanks! Also, it might be nice to be able to scroll thru the layer blending types with

the 'up' and 'down' arrow keys (as in Photoshop) ;)

I can wait, it was for work but that project got pushed off for a few days anyway. They always say, you shouldn't use beta software for work, so if something goes wrong it's my fault.

Anyway, I have updated link. Just copied. 3DC is beta, but close to release :) (I hope)

No essential changes, just bugfixes. Btw - render feature (edit projection) can be very useful for your previous painting.

• Advanced Member

something interesting, but I don't know if it's intentional...when I drag the pen cursor over

the model it will show the UVs as sorta stencils over the model:

pen_UVs.jpg

this happens with both DX and OGL versions you just updated (2.10beta2D)

(same specs as my log file I sent you before... ATI x800 with latest drivers)

something interesting, but I don't know if it's intentional...when I drag the pen cursor over

the model it will show the UVs as sorta stencils over the model:

this happens with both DX and OGL versions you just updated (2.10beta2D)

(same specs as my log file I sent you before... ATI x800 with latest drivers)

thanks for note, I will upload more fine version tomorrow, it is really intermediate version. Today is vocation, i come to PC only sometimes to see the forum :)

*edit: I have updated the link again, I can't live while so dirty bug is alive:) That bug occured because of some urgent changes for porting.

• Advanced Member

just mention this again ,as if you did't find it

there are several bugs on freeze,:

2.when "freeze transparent pixels", then "unfreeze all",the surface of the model turn to black.

5.when clear the whole scene without saving,then import the same model,as if the freeze is still work,really stange,perhapes some data still remain in the memory.

another bug:

In retopo mode,when press [ to decrease the size of brush,the work mode also switchs,just like the up key,and i think it is not good.

just mention this again ,as if you did't find it

there are several bugs on freeze,:

another bug:

In retopo mode,when press [ to decrease the size of brush,the work mode also switchs,just like the up key,and i think it is not good.

Yes, I know that bugs and reproduced it, but they are still not fixed. Big thanks for testing!

Today is vocation, i come to PC only sometimes to see the forum :)

Haha I think you mean "vacation". Vocation means work. Like "vocational activities" are things you do at work. :)

One more bug: Delete Edges leave the points behind. Unless there's some way to turn that off that I don't see.

OK one more: When symmetry is on you can't use Tweak Vertices on the points along the symmetry plane, it won't even highlight them.

Another bug,from using "topological symmetry tool" then switch to "quick uv-mapper",3dc crashs.

That is fixed!

It is interesting that adding possibility to import reference hi-poly mesh for retopo tool has opened new intersting possibility - sculpting without uv-set. Reference mesh for uv-tool now can be modified in sculpt tool.

• Advanced Member
That is fixed!

It is interesting that adding possibility to import reference hi-poly mesh for retopo tool has opened new intersting possibility - sculpting without uv-set. Reference mesh for uv-tool now can be modified in sculpt tool.

Can't wait to try out the new beta. :lol:

• Advanced Member

I have writed in a post that in 3dc 3.xx,there would be a workflow,we can import a low poly model to 3dc, sculpting then retopologizing, uv mapping then texturing.now only in version 2.10,this dream could come true! Thank you,legend master Andrew shpagin :unsure::rolleyes: :lol: :lol: !

but if we import a low poly mesh,can we subdivde it ,and sculpt it smoothly?

• Advanced Member
That is fixed!

Will we able to try out the new beta about import reference hi-poly mesh for retopo tool ?(GMT+08:00)

• Advanced Member
That is fixed!

Will we able to try out the new beta about import reference hi-poly mesh for retopo tool today?(GMT+08:00)