3DCoat Forums

Jesus Sculpt for retopo

• Advanced Member

Hi I was testing the new retopo tool with beta 2.10 with a old Jesus sculpt I started in silo2 and ended in Mudbox I want to retopo the model to do some textures and a nice rendering.

The model is very High poly so I import it in 3d coat as a reference model and start using retopo but I ended exporting the retopo as a raw obj, because i save the model, and take so looong to open the 3b file again.

My trick now is importing the model again as a reference and import the raw obj and not save the file for now ,mabey I can get the chance lose my work but for now is working, I hope that can be fix later.

I did a test and unwrap the model and merge in to the scene.

post-426-1216693071_thumb.jpg

post-426-1216693085_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member
Hi I was testing the new retopo tool with beta 2.10 with a old Jesus sculpt I started in silo2 and ended in Mudbox I want to retopo the model to do some textures and a nice rendering.

3dc also have sculpt function,the model import to 3dc can be subdivided to milions of polygons,but it request a good uv.I hope the low reference model can also be subdivided to hight poly,so we can sculpt it smoothly,and then retopo it.it would be a very interesting modeling method.

• Advanced Member

Thanks Andrew!

Here is the update of the Sculpture I adding more details to the model

post-426-1217004562_thumb.jpg

I found a new Bug with the sculpt it freez the program in GL

Check here

<a href="http://screencast.com/t/L3p3gPBc" target="_blank">http://screencast.com/t/L3p3gPBc</a>

I tested in the new beta 4 and I get the same Bug