3DCoat Forums

I have updated the link to BETA4F. Changes:

1) New interesting menu style. I think it will be very useful for retopo tool. I think you will find how it works immediately :)

2) Recent files added

3) Possibility to view model as is - without carcass approximation. Now you can view model realtime with all milliones of polygones!

4) Snapping method in retopo menu changed - please check

5) About menu style changed :)

6) All found bugs fixed :)

I have updated the link to BETA4F. Changes:

1) New interesting menu style. I think it will be very useful for retopo tool. I think you will find how it works immediately :)

2) Recent files added

3) Possibility to view model as is - without carcass approximation. Now you can view model realtime with all milliones of polygones!

4) Snapping method in retopo menu changed - please check

5) About menu style changed :)

6) All found bugs fixed :)

Sorry Andrew but the problem with retopo tool is still there... moving vertices where geometry is very closed cause them to go away and snap to other parts of the mesh. The problem is also still there when it comes to split edge tool, even if it seems better than before (less vertices moves away from the appropriate places). All your other improvements are very good.

Sorry Andrew but the problem with retopo tool is still there... moving vertices where geometry is very closed cause them to go away and snap to other parts of the mesh. The problem is also still there when it comes to split edge tool, even if it seems better than before (less vertices moves away from the appropriate places). All your other improvements are very good.

Please show the screenshot to understand type of geometrry where problem occurs.

The English text is changed too! :o Yay! :lol: I like the new menu feature that's a great option.

How does this work, I don't see it listed anywhere.

Please show the screenshot to understand type of geometrry where problem occurs.

Here are some screenshots to explain my problems with retopo tool:

This is the model before any tweak

post-843-1217742337_thumb.jpg

This is after trying to split an edge ring

post-843-1217742356_thumb.jpg

This is after a little tweak of a vertex

post-843-1217742373_thumb.jpg

The same froma different angle

post-843-1217742390_thumb.jpg

Haven't tried 3dCoat in a while, so I could've missed this if it has been posted before.

a) Very handy the Cube Mapping, but the fill-tool doesn't work with it

B) Sometimes the materials suddenly become invisible(or very large) when set to camera mode

c) The material sometimes shift to another preset, without changing the settings.

d) The Material Preview shows something completely different from what the result of the tool is. Mostly completely white

These problems occur in as well the OGL as the DX version. This makes the Material mode near useless when used on complex surfaces with the fill tool...

I use the newest GeForce drivers, and the problems also occur with the standard objects(plane and the ball)

Haven't tried to retopo tool(still don't know the use of it), has anyone else experienced these problems?

Thanks in advance.

Major subpatching bug here. This happened to me twice. My model was fine at level 6 but increasing to level 9 caused the attached picture to happen. I had to take a photo of my monitor because my computer had frozen up, I had to hit the reset button on the front of the computer. I had no other programs running at the time and I had just rebooted right before this happened.

Edit: It happened again so I took another pic. Same exact scenario, except this time it was doing fine at 8 so I tried 11. Same crash too, had to hard reboot.

Edit2: This is only in DX, the GL version I was able to go all the way up to 16. It started getting a little sluggish around 11 or 12, but never crashed.

post-466-1217811957_thumb.jpg

post-466-1217814028_thumb.jpg

Would a flip normals option be any use? I'm finding that in Silo (2.0.5 and the latest 2.1 beta), even when i check the normals to be correct, they come out flipped after importing them as .obj

Does anyone else have this problem; the scene I import comes out as black on nearly all objects, when it should have the default texture I use on it

Guest Lottmedia

OMG!

Andrew, did you do anythign to fix the clicky thing with the tablet? All the sudden it works (just inbstalled F)

Anyway, just tried it out a bit and everythign seems ok, selecting tools, splitting edges, yeay!!!

Casey

• Advanced Member

Now for the serious port. In beta4f, in OpenGL when I want to paint a material, the transparent bitmap reference does not show, no matter what transparency percentage I use. It works fine in DX, though.

I'm using an ATI HD4850 btw

Now for the serious port. In beta4f, in OpenGL when I want to paint a material, the transparent bitmap reference does not show, no matter what transparency percentage I use. It works fine in DX, though.

I'm using an ATI HD4850 btw

I noticed this too. Actually the screen did get slightly dimmer for me, so I wonder if it's showing but is just WAY zoomed out so that the details are so mashed together they just become a solid gray.

Hi!

I am back! Now I should go to gleep, but tomorrow I will fix all mentioned bugs.

Many work was done (on the rest :) )

1) Depth blending modes

2) Select/paint with splines lasso is now space based (not screen based)

3) Snapping algorithm is essentially improved

4) Alt+layer click - select solo layer

5) and many many other

I will fix bugs and upload new beta tomorrow (I hope).

Ok. I got 3dCoat beta to work under XP x64 bit now, your latest update seems to have done the trick. Everything is working fine right now. I will go on to test other features.

I just got a Quadro FX 5600 1.5GB GPU and performance is up quite a bit. I can get carcass resolution to around 11 million. 4K textures are no problem for me now. I look forward to future updates.

Current testing system:

Windows XP x64 bit, 8GB physical ram, Intel QuadCore Q6700 2.6Ghz, Nvidia Quadro FX5600 1.5GB vram

Ok. I got 3dCoat beta to work under XP x64 bit now, your latest update seems to have done the trick. Everything is working fine right now. I will go on to test other features.

I just got a Quadro FX 5600 1.5GB GPU and performance is up quite a bit. I can get carcass resolution to around 11 million. 4K textures are no problem for me now. I look forward to future updates.

Current testing system:

Windows XP x64 bit, 8GB physical ram, Intel QuadCore Q6700 2.6Ghz, Nvidia Quadro FX5600 1.5GB vram

Congrats with new powerhorse! Btw, you can now use 8K textures, just select in import menu.

Have you tried "subpatching" to achieve 11 M or it is usual "carcass"?

Thanks for fixing my "english"!

Btw, I have remembered and made your old request - make specular painting independent on color alpha channel. Now you can easily paint specular on separate layer.

Thanks a lot, that's awesome. BTW there are still a few English issues. One off the top of my head that I was sure I changed on the language page - The symmetry options say "Symmetry by * axis". I think it would make more sense to say "Symmetry across * axis". Just to keep this topic fun, check out www.engrish.com