3DCoat Forums

2.10 BETA for MacOS 10.4,5 (Intel platform)

Dear users. First of all thank you for your feedback. We extremely need it.

Here is small question to you. I know that pen pressure doesnt work. But eraser end of the pen should work. Is that true?

Hello Sergyi,

I've just tried my Wacom intuos pen with both the eraser and the pen appear to working fine. I set the mode to "Firm" on the tablet and checked the pressure sensitivity on the model and it worked for me.

Mac OSX 10.5.4

2 X 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xen

2 GB 800 MHz DDR@ FB-DIMM

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

Hope this helps!

• Advanced Member
Dear users. First of all thank you for your feedback. We extremely need it.

Here is small question to you. I know that pen pressure doesnt work. But eraser end of the pen should work. Is that true?

I tried it tonight and I am having success drawing but not erasing. The eraser is drawing like the pen.

Im using a waccom graphire

Mac OSX 10.5.4

2 X 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xen

2 GB

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT

Good Day,

I am downloading the latest Mac Intel Bets and have beeb following this thread with great interest. As new member I just want to thank the author for considering a Mac Port as well as his fast response to the issues that have arisen. Support of this nature is extremely noteworthy. Also thanks to Phil Nolan for notifying us Mac users of this most welcome development.... Still awaiting download...

Cheers

Good Day,

I am downloading the latest Mac Intel Bets and have beeb following this thread with great interest. As new member I just want to thank the author for considering a Mac Port as well as his fast response to the issues that have arisen. Support of this nature is extremely noteworthy. Also thanks to Phil Nolan for notifying us Mac users of this most welcome development.... Still awaiting download...

Cheers

We plan to upload next beta for Mac tomorrow (if nothing breaking will not happen). This beta will be very close to release candidat.

There was some messing with text tool but now it seems to be solved.

BETA2 is released. Welcome to topic:

3dbrush.kriska.hvosting.net/forum/i...?showtopic=1296

Hi there Andrew,

Is there ANY way you can create a PPC version of 3D Coat? I don't think it's too much of a problem. I would really like to see that happen. There is still a lot of users out there using older PPC Macs so I think it would be a good thing for you and us if you could provide that.

Thomas

Hi there Andrew,

Is there ANY way you can create a PPC version of 3D Coat? I don't think it's too much of a problem. I would really like to see that happen. There is still a lot of users out there using older PPC Macs so I think it would be a good thing for you and us if you could provide that.

Thomas

As I told it is not easy because we have no test platform. Also, how much peoples are interested? 3DC will be able to run (theoretically) ony in PPC with Radeon 9500 at least and 128 m video memory.

The problem of porting to PPC is not only compiling UB but some piece of work with storing data - order of bytes is inversed on PPC.