3DCoat Forums

Texture

ironman13

Two things really,

1. How can I resize my background texture image? I need to be able to make it shorter or wider.

2. I am working with some high res images and when i am painting i am not able to get super high quality, seems as there is a bit of distortion. I am tired to doing the textures in paint shop pro. I want to be able to make the texture without seams in 3dcoat.

Well any help will be greatly appreciated. I know its got to be something I am doing wrong. I am a new user still on the demo. Very nice overall program btw. Last but not least I have 4 gigs ram, page file set to high as instructed and a good new vid card, still getting out of mem error. Perhaps my textures are too large? Any tips on ways to get around this? Oh ya, running 32 bit.

Well thanks to whomever is kind enough to take the time to answer.

Thanks,

Michael

• Advanced Member

To answer #1, click on a material and an editing bar (image below) will appear. You can then manipulate

your material as needed (scale, rotate, move, 'unlock' from camera view, etc.). Check the

manual for options, and look down at the bottom for tool hints. :)

*edit* oops...just realized you're probably not working with a material, but a bg image...I haven't messed

with those yet, but the above may be of help to you (or others) so I'll leave it.

post-475-1218067786_thumb.jpg

This dose help. However one on the challenges I am having is that I need to make the picture less wide but not less tall. Is there an option for that? I have not seen one. Maybe I just need to adjust the picture in psp ahead of time so it lines up better.

If you have ever seen a DAZ figure victoria 4 or m3, what I am trying to do is to start making my textures in 3d coat as opposed to by hand is psp. Is it possible to achieve super high quality results (as in the new v4 elite series) doing it in 3d coat? I really love the program and its quite difficult to get rid of ugly seams when doing it by hand.

This dose help. However one on the challenges I am having is that I need to make the picture less wide but not less tall. Is there an option for that? I have not seen one. Maybe I just need to adjust the picture in psp ahead of time so it lines up better.

If you have ever seen a DAZ figure victoria 4 or m3, what I am trying to do is to start making my textures in 3d coat as opposed to by hand is psp. Is it possible to achieve super high quality results (as in the new v4 elite series) doing it in 3d coat? I really love the program and its quite difficult to get rid of ugly seams when doing it by hand.

You can adjust proportions using CTRL+SHIFT+RMB drag