3DCoat Forums

3D-COAT 2.10 BETA2 for MacOS (Intel) (corresponds to BETA5)

A question: Does anyone uses 3D-Connexion Space mouse?

Does it works properly in latest beta?

Yes I have 3D Connexion Navigator and it seems to work fine.... not sure if the axises are flipped or not.... could be my being out of practice using the device as so few 3d apps on the Mac support it! :blink:

Will keep testing it. Anything you want me to look for in particular?

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
A question: Does anyone uses 3D-Connexion Space mouse?

Does it works properly in latest beta?

Newer, Low cost connexion device works here, but not my favorite "SpaceBall 5000" older connexion device.... Both of these units work in my main CAD program (formZ). I'm using liscenced 3DC version 2.10(GL) on Intel Macpro desk OSX10.5.4...

IMHO The older Spaceball is much better ergonomically (ball is easier to navigate than the short stub of new models). The OSX Prefs do list 3D-Coat, among application set up....

BTW, formZ has it's own setup panel for activating/deactivating and modifying connexion use. Am i missing some sort of setup panel in 3DC?

Newer, Low cost connexion device works here, but not my favorite "SpaceBall 5000" older connexion device.... Both of these units work in my main CAD program (formZ). I'm using liscenced 3DC version 2.10(GL) on Intel Macpro desk OSX10.5.4...

IMHO The older Spaceball is much better ergonomically (ball is easier to navigate than the short stub of new models). The OSX Prefs do list 3D-Coat, among application set up....

BTW, formZ has it's own setup panel for activating/deactivating and modifying connexion use. Am i missing some sort of setup panel in 3DC?

I have come to 3DConnexion forum and wanted to ask about SpaceBall500. But I have found there (in developers forum):

http://www.3dconnexion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2254

They tell "The Spaceball 5000 device is not supported on the Mac platform. Sorry about that." Is it true?

I have come to 3DConnexion forum and wanted to ask about SpaceBall500. But I have found there (in developers forum):

http://www.3dconnexion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2254

They tell "The Spaceball 5000 device is not supported on the Mac platform. Sorry about that." Is it true?

I should not doubt their intention, however the spaceball has worked on Mac OS since i bought it, (2004?)... Support indeed has not been offered by Connexion for Mac OSX, until recently. Spaceball 5000 has 12 function-buttons... Maybe half of these buttons seemed to work over the years on OSX. Functionality has varied somewhat as i upgraded formZ each time (and beta bug fixes). Currently spaceball 5000 works very well inside formZ (but only several buttons work). I am able to unplug and interchange with new navigator (cheap one) without restarting formZ. The new Connexion driver seems better, even for the old spaceball. There is no support for all 12 buttons.

If it is easy to add Spaceball 5000 to some sort of device-regognition list, please consider doing so.

Thanks