3DCoat Forums

• Advanced Member

the Uv smooting bug dosen't seems to be fixed.

open the torus model from the attached file,

set the auto smooting group option on (smooth to 180)

now, import Uvs with the same model as reference, and select the smoothing option you want, (except no smooting)

the Uvs will not be smoothed if you select 'smooth but keep edges'

the uvs will explode if you select 'full uv smooting'

Archive.zip

• Advanced Member
Version updated to 2.10.02. Changes:

1) Power/battery consuming - if mouse stops motion for 0.5 s fps will slow down to decrease processor/video load level. It does not affect painting/navigation speed.

2) Change mesh resolution issue fixed - no more specularity line at the edge.

3) Ignore normals and smooth uv mode works as expected now.

4) DDS full support (for Mac), for Win it was done in previous release.

5) Installer sets "Run as admin" flag for shortcuts.

specularity line... happen in smooth/sharpen layer adjust

post-445-1219754403_thumb.jpg

the Uv smooting bug dosen't seems to be fixed.

open the torus model from the attached file,

set the auto smooting group option on (smooth to 180)

now, import Uvs with the same model as reference, and select the smoothing option you want, (except no smooting)

the Uvs will not be smoothed if you select 'smooth but keep edges'

the uvs will explode if you select 'full uv smooting'

When I have set "Keep UV" all worked fine.

"Keep clusters" really give not proper result. But I think you need Kepp UV almost always.

I will fix "Keep clusters" soon.

• Advanced Member

Andrew,

small spelling error in the topology tool palette: Mirror spapping = Mirror snapping

-Also Can you add Slide vertex to the "Slide edges" tool? (Slide edge/vertex)

I'm testing the topology tool now, its going good so far!:

toadretopologyzo1.jpg

• Advanced Member
I can't reproduce the column around the arm, it just gives me one strip.

What am I doing wrong?

Maybe you're not starting your strokes 'outside' the model? (guessing)

If you just start your stroke on the surface of the model, then do your

cross-stroke(s) it will only lay down strips of polygons on the area in

between your strokes (depending on how many intersections you've drawn).

If you start your strokes on the 'empty' space surrounding your model's

surface, the 'draw strokes' tool will expect you are trying to create an

enclosed tube inside where your strokes were drawn (you can edit the

amount of segments from the popup panel).

Hope you don't mind me asking .. but did you say there was a 2.10.1 coming soon?... and since your using a different type of serial should i uninstall my old 3dcoat

2.10.1? Updates like 2.10.xx are service updates and will be frequent enough to solve all problems experienced by users.

You can leave or you can uninstall old 3D-Coat. By default 2.10 will be installed in other folder but you can install it overwrite to preserve old brushes/materials.

Have you got new serial?

2.10.1? Updates like 2.10.xx are service updates and will be frequent enough to solve all problems experienced by users.

You can leave or you can uninstall old 3D-Coat. By default 2.10 will be installed in other folder but you can install it overwrite to preserve old brushes/materials.

Have you got new serial?

yes i do thanks. i just haven't had time to download the new rev. Thanks again

Display bug in the DX version, Not sure if the GL version has it yet, haven't tested it. I had the Texture Baking window open and then did something else for a while. When I came back to 3DC I couldn't move the window or use anything on it. Eventually I found out that I actually was moving the window, it just wasn't showing the move. I could tell because the curser changed when I got to the real location of the title bar. It was fixed by resizing the program window. However I have also found that resizing the window makes the model disappear permanently, or at least until I save and reload the model.

Adding to that, a really strange bug. I exported the model which was just a qquick sculture based on the included cube, and tried to load it into Vue. Guess what I got? The head model!

Display bug in the DX version, Not sure if the GL version has it yet, haven't tested it. I had the Texture Baking window open and then did something else for a while. When I came back to 3DC I couldn't move the window or use anything on it. Eventually I found out that I actually was moving the window, it just wasn't showing the move. I could tell because the curser changed when I got to the real location of the title bar. It was fixed by resizing the program window. However I have also found that resizing the window makes the model disappear permanently, or at least until I save and reload the model.

Adding to that, a really strange bug. I exported the model which was just a qquick sculture based on the included cube, and tried to load it into Vue. Guess what I got? The head model!

About resizing window and model disappearing - really reproduced in DX. But GL works good in this case.

I will fix it in DX.

But "move" bug - unable to get this effect...

Vista UAC issue seems to be solved finally.

Did you somehow set it to always be run as admin no matter what? I'm just curious because it asks me if I want to load it like usual, but I do not have the "run as admin" property checked.

Freeze animated checkers are still there. Or was it decided that that's not a bug?

Invert freeze (DX version) still takes about 9-13 seconds and program locks up for that period of time, saying "not responding" if you click anywhere while waiting. http://screencast.com/t/SmCUpaxZ0vf

• Advanced Member

I just found a display bug in the Direct X version (meaning, it does not happen in the OpenGL version)

I have an ATI Radeon HD4850 with the latest Catalyst drivers (8.8), with two lcd displays hooked to it. Now the two displays have different resolutions. One is 1440x900 and the other is 1280x1024.

I configured the machine so the primary display is the 1440x900 one, the other I use to throw all the dialogue windows and to browse the internet, so I don't have to minimize when switching applications, and to have a bigger design area.

The problem is, in 3d-coat DX 2.10 (and this is new, it didn't happen when still in beta) the display seems to be stretched. As if it sees the resolution of the OTHER monitor, and resizes that to fit the display.

I attach a screenshot of how it looks. It makes text difficult to read.

post-460-1219868950_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

First of I would like to thank everyone involved in supporting the Mac with this wonderful program.

Unfortunately I have run into a major bug or something.

Currently I am unable to work on models with multiple materials or oblects that are 4096x4096 in size. I also use boot camp on my mac and have been using 3d-coat there until now with the mac release. I take the same model in to windows xp in boot camp and can successfully load and work on the model.

On the mac it attempts to load the model and after a long period it will load but the machine slows to a crawl and the model in invisible. The model is there on the screen because in the fill mode the fill preview window shows the model.

I suspect its some kinda memory leak thats what it feels like checking the activity monitor shows the cpu over 100% usage and I can barely do anything without waiting several seconds between actions.

I hope this can be fixed thanks

Mac Pro 2.6

2 gigs ram

invida 7300 GT

How much video memory do you have? Please tell me example of object: how much textures, what size of every texture.

If I understood right, you are trying to import object with multiple textures and it works on Win and fails on Mac?

I think is that there is different distribution of video memory on Win and Mac. Maybe there are some control panel for video card?

I just found a display bug in the Direct X version (meaning, it does not happen in the OpenGL version)

I have an ATI Radeon HD4850 with the latest Catalyst drivers (8.8), with two lcd displays hooked to it. Now the two displays have different resolutions. One is 1440x900 and the other is 1280x1024.

I configured the machine so the primary display is the 1440x900 one, the other I use to throw all the dialogue windows and to browse the internet, so I don't have to minimize when switching applications, and to have a bigger design area.

The problem is, in 3d-coat DX 2.10 (and this is new, it didn't happen when still in beta) the display seems to be stretched. As if it sees the resolution of the OTHER monitor, and resizes that to fit the display.

I attach a screenshot of how it looks. It makes text difficult to read.

Please download 2.10.03 - I think there is no this problem. Please check.

• Advanced Member
How much video memory do you have? Please tell me example of object: how much textures, what size of every texture.

If I understood right, you are trying to import object with multiple textures and it works on Win and fails on Mac?

I think is that there is different distribution of video memory on Win and Mac. Maybe there are some control panel for video card?

The card is an Invida 7300 256 meg card (It was the base standard for the Mac pro a year ago).

The model im currently working on has three materials the textures of the head are 4096x4096 and the two others are the eyes and they are 2048x2048. The head texture is the one that is invisible the eyes show up. But again the machine has slowed to a crawl.

On a mac there is no video control panels that I know of not like on the pc.

One other note of interest if I create a new project and try to just use the default sphere at a texture resolution of 4096x4096 after closing the other model, the same type of behavior is exhibited. The model loads slowly and then is invisible when finally loaded.

• Advanced Member

I'm running 2.10.3 , small annoying "bug" related to the retopology tool and View>Options. If have the retopology tool active/in use, then goto "View", select "Options" now if you make some changes, or click cancel , you'll drop the retopology tool. In my opinion it shouldn't drop the retopology tool when you exit the "Option" palette.

Andrew, can you change the way the top Menu works? Currently its abit slow(not in terms of speed). Currently you click on "File" the drop down menu shows, Now if you want drop down menu for "Edit" you have to click "Edit" again,etc,etc. It would be easier if you only click once on any menu(File,Edit,View,etc) item, then you can just hover mouse over any new menu item and the drop down menus for them will show automatically(without clicking). This is how Modo's menu work its more intuitive and saves "click".

One last thing, can you save the Symmetry information in the .3B file format? I have symmetry set on X, but everything i open the file i have to set it again. In Mudbox symmetry is saved.

@Deadman21, are you using the latest drivers for that card?

The card is an Invida 7300 256 meg card (It was the base standard for the Mac pro a year ago).

The model im currently working on has three materials the textures of the head are 4096x4096 and the two others are the eyes and they are 2048x2048. The head texture is the one that is invisible the eyes show up. But again the machine has slowed to a crawl.

On a mac there is no video control panels that I know of not like on the pc.

One other note of interest if I create a new project and try to just use the default sphere at a texture resolution of 4096x4096 after closing the other model, the same type of behavior is exhibited. The model loads slowly and then is invisible when finally loaded.

Please import model with big texture and when it will begin to lag - send me (support@3d-coat.com) file log.txt from installation folder.

It would be easier if you only click once on any menu(File,Edit,View,etc) item, then you can just hover mouse over any new menu item and the drop down menus for them will show automatically(without clicking). This is how Modo's menu work its more intuitive and saves "click".

Yes this is how menus work in most programs, on Windows anyway. I just double checked Firefox to be sure and it works by hovering.

I'm running 2.10.3 , small annoying "bug" related to the retopology tool and View>Options. If have the retopology tool active/in use, then goto "View", select "Options" now if you make some changes, or click cancel , you'll drop the retopology tool. In my opinion it shouldn't drop the retopology tool when you exit the "Option" palette.

Andrew, can you change the way the top Menu works? Currently its abit slow(not in terms of speed). Currently you click on "File" the drop down menu shows, Now if you want drop down menu for "Edit" you have to click "Edit" again,etc,etc. It would be easier if you only click once on any menu(File,Edit,View,etc) item, then you can just hover mouse over any new menu item and the drop down menus for them will show automatically(without clicking). This is how Modo's menu work its more intuitive and saves "click".

One last thing, can you save the Symmetry information in the .3B file format? I have symmetry set on X, but everything i open the file i have to set it again. In Mudbox symmetry is saved.

@Deadman21, are you using the latest drivers for that card?

ok, agree. Not difficult to fix.