3DCoat Forums

I guess those of use with AVG can just ignore the warning and do a virus scan afterwords to see what it says.

Hmm.. I downloaded again and didn't get the warning this time.

Maybe they have made update that fixed this awful thing?

If you will try to search "Generic12.HTC" in http://free.avg.com/virbase you will find nothing. Maybe they removed this "issue" from database.

Well sorry to say but the OSX version got one small problem. :( No gizmo.

The gizmo does not show up on my system. Mac Pro 2.6 Nvidia 7300 I can make selections but no gizmo for transposing appears. Oh well back to booting into XP :(

I have the same problem on OSX.

Congratulations with 64-bit support!

The installer doesn't give any indication that it's 64bit, but it does try to install it in the "Program Files (x86)" folder, implying that it's not 64 bit. But I can't be sure. I don't want to install it in the wrong folder either way.

That's what happened to me and I just let it install itself in the x86 folder. I then got the crash like Juan Carlos...

Crash in Windows xp 64 Both DX and GL.

Ditto here-Crash in Windows xp 32 both DX and GL. (Bug Report filed)

Crash occurs when I try and load volumetric sculpturing by clicking the icon or when I load the default sample sphere ito the regular section.

The installer doesn't give any indication that it's 64bit, but it does try to install it in the "Program Files (x86)" folder, implying that it's not 64 bit. But I can't be sure. I don't want to install it in the wrong folder either way.

Phil, have a look in the menu folder for 3dC, the 64 bit version is listed there.

OK I went ahead and allowed it to install in the x86 folder. When I tried to run the 64 version I got this error:

2008-11-10_2316.png

I tried installing in the 64 bit folder and got the same error.

Of course this now presents a whole new conundrum. If I just delete it from the 64 bit Program Files, is that going to leave a mess in the registry? Or if I uninstall it will that uninstall both copies and kill off my settings?

32 bit version loads fine but crashes as soon as i click the volumetric tool. Bug report sent in.

OK I went ahead and allowed it to install in the x86 folder. When I tried to run the 64 version I got this error:

2008-11-10_2316.png

I tried installing in the 64 bit folder and got the same error.

Of course this now presents a whole new conundrum. If I just delete it from the 64 bit Program Files, is that going to leave a mess in the registry? Or if I uninstall it will that uninstall both copies and kill off my settings?

32 bit version loads fine but crashes as soon as i click the volumetric tool. Bug report sent in.

i had the same error.

download the latest directX redist november 2008 pack.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyo...;displayLang=en

you can rename is directx_nov2008_redist.exe to .zip and pullout JUN2008_d3dx9_38_x64.cab

you can rename that zip as well and pullout d3dx9_38.dll and drop that into your C:\Windows\System32

• Advanced Member
Tested v39 64bit!

28million polys with 6 gigs mem! i think i could get more but i had lots of other programs open .... more tomorrow... :)

Do you have vista64 ?

I got Xp 64 and I don't see any change, still stick to 16M polygons, I crash if I try to go further.

I got 8GB of memory.

Don't know if it is linked to Xp64 but I wasn't able to go further than 16M polygons.

And it's really long to wait between each sudbivision.

Ok, I see some problems present.

I have slightly upgraded my system today's morning to be able to make deeper testing (8GB ram + 9800). With my old 2G RAM I was not able to increase res enough.

So, main problems are:

1) Crashes in 32 bit version. I will fix it, it is because of compilation options (SSE2 optimisation).

2) DirectX problems - need to install latest DX from Microsoft site.

3) Crashes after inc res - I will test it and fix.

4) Crashes on XP. Juan, Auger please tell your PC specifications

Thank you for testing and patience! I will fix all problems soon.

Do you have vista64 ?

I got Xp 64 and I don't see any change, still stick to 16M polygons, I crash if I try to go further.

I got 8GB of memory.

Don't know if it is linked to Xp64 but I wasn't able to go further than 16M polygons.

And it's really long to wait between each sudbivision.

Im running on xp64... Did you remember to run 64 bit version? Theres 32bit exe and 64bit exe on programs menu

• Advanced Member
Im running on xp64... Did you remember to run 64 bit version? Theres 32bit exe and 64bit exe on programs menu

Yes I did, will check it an other time.

Thanks

Edit: After checking it once again I saw that at the bottom, on the status bar, it is wrote that I got 3900Mb free memory.

That's the same with 32bits version, so I don't know what I did wrong.

• Advanced Member

Still not able to reach these polycount.

I checked what was wrong, and it seems that virtual memory is increasing indefinitely.

I'm subdividing the base sphere, and I'm stuck at 16M polygons.

After that when I look at my Window Task Manager I can see virtual memory going insane.

I decided to close 3DC but while I was checking Physical memory was at 4GB and Virtual Memory was at 11GB and kept increasing.