3DCoat Forums

• Advanced Member
Some portion of news:

1) Next alpha is almost ready - tree - like structure, objects managements is there! Many interesting per-object manipulations, like extracting skin, etc. I will upload it tomorrow.

2) Good news for Mac users. I have bought MacBookPro MB133. It means that 64-bit version for Mac will be done. We used OSX 10.4 before, so we was not able to make 64-bit support. Now it is possible.

I have bought it for 1899$, at least I have chosen something. I was between MB133 and MB470 but finally stopped with MB133 because MB470 possibly have problem with NV9600 chip. In USA it is not a problem - you can simply replace notebook, but there in Ukraine it is simply impossible to replace it... Warranty is almost virtual.. So I chosen MB133 as a tested by time MBP. Btw 3DC works there faster then on my Windows desktop. Vista is really laggy system :(

Great news I hope you enjoy your new Macbook Pro :) and Im excited about the new object features

• Contributor
Uh, I think there's a problem with it. This is GL version, but also DX version still doesn't open.

2008-12-13_1417.png

Phil I think that's the new international universal language code everyone's using now. :lol: I'm downloading now hope I can interpret it.

Edit:Just installed 43 am having same problem Phil shows.

• Advanced Member

DX/GL 64 +cuda on vista 64 - works fine here.

Sub-objects are awesome! Would be nice to have separate material per sub-object

Copy tool is great - now Meats Meyers see-through models are really easy to make :) Would be helpful to be able to copy hidden sub-objects as option

post-1079-1229201781_thumb.jpg

- Same problem with opengl,can't see text.(fixed works fine now)

-Directx with cuda erases spike and curves, not working (version 2.1)

-Still can't change texture resolution using Shift and right mouse button.

_holding shift key and holding right mouse button and moving mouse.

_holding ctrl key and holding right mouse button and moving mouse.

_scrolling mouse wheel.

ALL THESE DO THE SAME THING. THEY RESIZE THE BRUSH.

holding shift key and holding right mouse button and moving mouse is suppose to resize the texture in the brush, not resize the brush.

I'm hoping Volumetric Sculpting will be complete soon, that we can get bone rigging started.LOL

Just a thought.

• Advanced Member

nice jedwards, can we now import a hardsuface mesh from max as a new subtool? so far Ive managed to get voxel sculpts to work in layers/tree but I cant seem to import objs into the tree?

during voxel sculting if I ctrl z sometimes everything dissappears...all models just gone not sure what I did. Ah umm I press ctrl z more than once and all items in the tree turn into "root" and then everything is gone.

Great release Andrew! Unfortunately increasing resolution on a layer causes it to disappear, while decreasing that same layer will cause it to re-appear. Otherwise working great! Is it possible to better blend between multiple layers, much like a "pass-through" mode? I would like to be able to select multiple layers and manipulate them together at the same time as well.

• Advanced Member

Despite the text glitch. The raise the resolution slider is nice. (if that's what that is?)

I also like that the subtools maintain their own symmetry even moved around. And importing and duplicating sculpts seems to work for me. cool stuff Andrew. :)

Great features very imppressed.

Oh crap, I was blindly clicking around the menus and accidentally uninstalled my serial. When I reload the program I see where to enter my serial again, but there's 3 buttons and I don't remember which one is OK or "Continue". Anyone have a clue?

Oh crap, I was blindly clicking around the menus and accidentally uninstalled my serial. When I reload the program I see where to enter my serial again, but there's 3 buttons and I don't remember which one is OK or "Continue". Anyone have a clue?

Left one!

Please try again - download and replace folder Unicode (I have put there files from prev version)

About Undo - tomorrow I will fix it and other reported bugs. Today I need some rest.

Unicode.zip

Left one!

Please try again - download and replace folder Unicode (I have put there files from prev version)

About Undo - tomorrow I will fix it and other reported bugs. Today I need some rest.

OK Text is fixed now, thanks. BTW, small bug. The program crashes when I click the button after entering my serial, but then it works OK after that.

Edit: After briefly playing with it I can say it looks like a fantastic update. I still have to figure out how to use some things like Increase / Decrease Density.

Bugs:

RMB > Transform doesn't do anything.

Red/Green cursor line doesn't bend, just stays straight.

Transpose > Select With Pen not working right. Here I painted the entire object but it acts like I used the Line mode. http://screencast.com/t/oui7q1VhR9p

Carve and Build both have "Invert Tool Action" listed twice.

One bug still remains from 42, after rendering and hitting Esc. the sculpture disappears. Program has to be restarted to get it back.