3DCoat Forums

Another great update! Thank you Andrew!

Here are some issues to report:

Alpha 68 DX Version XP 32bit CUDA

DP:

The UV will be shattered after sculpting with some tools(Drag with pen, Select/Move, Drag Points) in sculpt mode, won't be able to paint on the correct spot of the mesh after that.

Voxel:

Same brush tip, same painting speed, some tools resulted in dotted line look, please have a look at the attached picture.

post-751-1237940843_thumb.jpg

Regards, akira.

Ok, I will get it back. Maybe it changed while tweaking airbrush.

And one good thing - I bought Wacom Intous3 Wide A6 yesterday to make better support of pen (I mean tilt).

Oh, maybe you should had to wait one more day... Since today you can buy the new intuos4 with new functions. And the new tablets are cheaper then the old ones, compared to their possiblities. One big thing, the Pressure Sensitivity Levels: 2048

-> http://www.wacom.com/intuos/index.php

Oh, maybe you should had to wait one more day... Since today you can buy the new intuos4 with new functions. And the new tablets are cheaper then the old ones, compared to their possiblities. One big thing, the Pressure Sensitivity Levels: 2048

-> http://www.wacom.com/intuos/index.php

Anyway, in Ukraine they will be 1.5-2x more expensive (as always) and will get there in year :)

• Advanced Member

You mean tilt support? Cool, that will let us feel painting as real as in painter!

Then please consider changing the current static yellow circle to a dynamic Pen-like icon (similar as in Painter). :clapping:

• Advanced Member

thanks for all the vista support, Im still testing my machine but I might have found a solution. I uninstalled the video driver and then installed the latest one then I checked windows update and it found 2 updates (.net service pack and malicious bug removal tool) installed both of these updates and then ran 3Dmark vantage and it didnt crash once! this was at 2 in the morning after lots and lots of trial and error so I havent had the chance to fully test my system yet with applications like 3dcoat and farcry2.

hope your having fun with that intous tablet Andrew :) IVe just got a little graphire4

• Advanced Member
Mesh is not actually displaced. But it is not hard to add it.

I see. If you can add that soon that would be great! I think its important for people who work with multiple software pipeline, to bring in their displacement map and do texturing in 3DC. I want to bring in some displacement map made from Mudbox into 3DC for DP.

• Advanced Member
I see. If you can add that soon that would be great! I think its important for people who work with multiple software pipeline, to bring in their displacement map and do texturing in 3DC. I want to bring in some displacement map made from Mudbox into 3DC for DP.

I'm in complete agreement with this. Being able to paint over the mesh and use the cavity masking etc is indispensable for matching up the various maps with the high level geometry.

• Advanced Member

Agree +1,without this feather,I almost missing the old microVertex painting tech.

• Advanced Member

Agree+2

• Advanced Member

Agree+3. Displacement painting in DP mode should be enabled. IMO, the only difference between DP and microvertex painting should be the internal implementation, which should be transparent to the user.

• Advanced Member
Unbeatable voting :p

:drinks: Does this mean you'll add it soon? :p I'm kinda surprised other people want this feature also! thought i was alone.

Of course as long as there remains the option to not displace. If that's the case, then I'm all for it.

I'm confused by that sentence, if you dont have displacement just don't import a displacement map? It'll either remain low polygonal or have Subdivisions,which is totally up to the user upon importing. Currently if you load a displacement map it really looks like a normal map is being applied, not really displacing anything. If you want that, you can just load a tangent space normal map in(which you can do now with the current alpha).

I'm confused by that sentence, if you dont have displacement just don't import a displacement map? It'll either remain low polygonal or have Subdivisions,which is totally up to the user upon importing. Currently if you load a displacement map it really looks like a normal map is being applied, not really displacing anything. If you want that, you can just load a tangent space normal map in(which you can do now with the current alpha).

Sorry I was confused. I was thinking of painting displacement on. Someone said it should work exactly like the older painting method, so I was really responding to that.

• Advanced Member
Yes. And of course it will be optional.

Great! Can you add new initial subdivision level, somewhere between 4-6 million polygons. I have 8GB of ram and a GTX 260..i think it should be enough to handle it. :clapping: Though current with initial subdivision level at 1 million it freeze 3DCoat(i.e. Not Responding ) .

Sorry I was confused. I was thinking of painting displacement on. Someone said it should work exactly like the older painting method, so I was really responding to that.

No worries..actually i was confused by that sentence also, and yea i think he is talking about sculpting displacement on the mesh, but i think Andrew understand i was talking about loading a displacement map(aka depth map).

edit: I assume it should work, once the displacement map is load, you'll be able to sculpt depth like we used to do with the old micro vert method? Plus you can always turn off depth, and just paint on color/spec.So yea everyone wins.

• Advanced Member

Im not getting so much vista video card crashes anymore ...no wait I am getting them just not so many :( .... Unfortunately 3D coat alpha68 voxel sculpting is still messing up and sending triangles stretching all over the place when I hit undo, this is DX 64bit version. I will try the 32bit version/ gl version and see if I have any luck. cheers

tried the GL 64 version - same error

heres a pic

3dcoat%20mess.jpg

• Advanced Member

I'm no sure if this is related to importing of displacement. But it would be helpful to be able to import displacement for further editing and be able to paint with the tools in 3dc. Also it's nice to be able to use an AO pass on subdivided surface and edit the AO pass somewhat in it's own layer. All while taking that heavy mesh detail and transferring it to a a lower poly model.

Hey Andrew,

DP looks very promising though a bit buggy yet. Did not find my bugs reported so here we go:

- PSD files won't load correctly (tried with 3 files). Only get distorted maps with lots of trash in them. See pic. The small red square shows how it looks like when I import the map as BMP.

post-1434-1238087150_thumb.jpg

- "View unshaded model" hides the texture as well -> only flat grey object visible

Another Problem I have: I am using the 3dconnexion Space Navigator. Unfortunately I cannot find a way to assign "Pick Color" to one of the two buttons of this device. Anyone found a solution to this ?

All in 3-00-Alpha-68(DX64) Vista64 No Cuda

keep on the great work,

t.

Good deal. Thanks a bunch. You're like a machine. I don't know how you do it. :shok:

Thanks for the DP tools, they are amazing. Looking forward to seeing what else you have in mind for 3DC.

Good deal. Thanks a bunch. You're like a machine. I don't know how you do it. :shok:

Thanks for the DP tools, they are amazing. Looking forward to seeing what else you have in mind for 3DC.

I guess, Andrew don't need more ideas, for now... the current todo list ist long enough. :)

We are far away from a beta, and there is a lot of open work. But compared to game developer companies, Andrew are already in a beta... ;)