3DCoat Forums

Thanks for fast reply, i hadn't installed it yet and didn't want to if i needed to get the new version :)

No problem. :)

Kay_Eva, awesome yeah? It's looking great. I love the popup menu, and how each Room has it's own. With that I wouldn't mind seeing the left toolbox as optional and just roll with the popup. Gives a bit more amount of space for working. :)

• Advanced Member

philnolan3d,

well, I was thinking that x-axis meant the plane along the x-axis (or if it were a

'box' with reference images on it, all planes parallel to the x-axis) ... but like I

said, I can certainly work with what we've got.

posted another bug in the bugzzz thread, Andrew (still trying my best to put them

there instead of here) :)

• Advanced Member
3) Render tab - you can render any objects there (not only VS)

Hi Andrew, in Alpha 82 Mac version, I can only render Voxel model. Is this a known issue?

Hello Andrew,

Didn't see this reported anywhere so steps to reproduce:

1 - go into the Voxel panel,

2 - Sculpt a little bit then hit undo twice

3 - Now hitting redo only brings back a portion of the object.

Nothing critical as I really shouldn't be undoing the base mesh but sometimes I get a little carried away.

Build 82, Vista 64 with CUDA

`Patrick

Did you see this panel ? Here is "Hide all" button:

Yes that hides it, but as soon as you close the panel to get back to work it appears again. Even if it did stay hidden, it would still be resident in memory which doesn't seem like a huge issue, but every little bit helps.

Oh wait, it does disappear, you just have to move the camera to refresh the screen. However it is still in memory since you can go back to that panel and hit Show / Hide and there's the image, right where you left it.

• Advanced Member
QFA,

I actually miss the masking function from Zbrush and it would be powerful with voxel. Increase voxel locally, would be great but is it possible?. Brush curve editing, where would Andrew place that? This is why a good GUI design is needed for crazy features that people want now and in the distant future.

I'm still using alpha 75.

The creator of zbrush owns a patent on the method for masking stuff on surfaces. Not sure what it entails or if Andrew can implement such functionality in 3dc and international copyright laws and enforcing them is concfusing.

• Advanced Member
The creator of zbrush owns a patent on the method for masking stuff on surfaces. Not sure what it entails or if Andrew can implement such functionality in 3dc and international copyright laws and enforcing them is concfusing.

Seriously...a patent on masking?? what has the world come to... wow. Does the smear tool work will with the latest alpha, its in paint tab. I'm still holding onto alpha 75 with a iron grip...

Sorry, if this was already asked before:

How is it possible to see all used reference planes together?

Or is there a possibility to switch the used ref-image-axes on and off seperately?

Also Mudbox V1.07 works fine, the new 2009 version doesn't.

You are incorrect i use Mudbox09 daily since it was released with an 8800GTS and have never had any issues apart from some AOshader issues, which were fixed with SP updates. It also works well on my 9650GT Notebook videocard, also a non-quadro. As mentioned Autodesk only officially generally support Quadro's for a range of their 3D and CAD software, If you want technical support with an issue, you generally only get it you are running certified drivers as mentioned previously.

Back on topic but with a similar issue..... Andrew a small suggestion would be that now CUDA 2.2 has been released (today), perhaps you could update to CUDA 2.2 and then include the runtime .dll's with the 3DC install. This would seem to be less confusing and would allow users to only need 3DC and Nvidia driver to use CUDA. Currently the Toolkit is needed as well. CUDA 2.2 may offer some slight performance increases from 2.1 as well. Not a big deal but it may be useful when 3DC 3.0 is officially released.

You are incorrect i use Mudbox09 daily since it was released with an 8800GTS and have never had any issues apart from some AOshader issues, which were fixed with SP updates. It also works well on my 9650GT Notebook videocard, also a non-quadro. As mentioned Autodesk only officially generally support Quadro's for a range of their 3D and CAD software, If you want technical support with an issue, you generally only get it you are running certified drivers as mentioned previously.

Back on topic but with a similar issue..... Andrew a small suggestion would be that now CUDA 2.2 has been released (today), perhaps you could update to CUDA 2.2 and then include the runtime .dll's with the 3DC install. This would seem to be less confusing and would allow users to only need 3DC and Nvidia driver to use CUDA. Currently the Toolkit is needed as well. CUDA 2.2 may offer some slight performance increases from 2.1 as well. Not a big deal but it may be useful when 3DC 3.0 is officially released.

Why on earth this is still going on i don't know, even Philnolan3d said he had issues with it running the same card as yours, so um guess i may be right and there may be more to your pc then i know about. Anyways this is my last reply on that topic, say what you will, at the end of the day all other programs including 3D Coat (i'm not suffering the slowdowns) run fine bar Mudbox on my pc and a fair few others on various forums, if you can get it running on your machine, congratz, i really couldn't care less. :rolleyes:

• Advanced Member

ui panels still some bugs. sometimes panels are wider than they should be or they just expand and contract. resetting the page helps sometimes.

What is the difference between doing sculpting in sculpt tab and paint tab? Any sculpting I do in sculpt tab and clicking paint tab theres a very noticeable lag and the sculpting doesn't carry over to paint.

• Advanced Member
Why on earth this is still going on i don't know, even Philnolan3d said he had issues with it running the same card as yours, so um guess i may be right and there may be more to your pc then i know about. Anyways this is my last reply on that topic, say what you will, at the end of the day all other programs including 3D Coat (i'm not suffering the slowdowns) run fine bar Mudbox on my pc and a fair few others on various forums, if you can get it running on your machine, congratz, i really couldn't care less. :rolleyes:

If you didnt care you wouldnt be trying to have the last word. Mudbox 2009 works fine on 90% of geforce cards. There are always anomalies. The same as the way Max 2010 wont launch for a small group of people with Quad Xeons, myself being part of that group. I dont however go around telling people it wont launch on X86 processors. That's just moronic

The offical word from autodesk is this

NVIDIA and Autodesk recommend the use of NVIDIA professional workstation cards such as the Quadro families which provide optimal user experience for high-end 3D packages such as Mudbox. Autodesk However will be testing a variety of cards based on GeForce GPU chipsets in 2009 as we acknowledge that many of our customers are using such cards

• Advanced Member

Mudbox 2009 runs fine on my GTX 260. Anyway, Andrew enjoy your 2 day vacation! I haven't been following this thread as of late but was stepping up/down voxel level mention for 3.0? Its absolutely critical to be able to make broad changes at lower levels and move back up to focus on details. Very typical in ZB/MBx to step up/down.

I'm no moderator, but, this discussion regarding mudbox would be more appreciated in it's own thread. Would you guys mind taking it outside of this one please? Thanks. :)

• Advanced Member
I'm no moderator, but, this discussion regarding mudbox would be more appreciated in it's own thread. Would you guys mind taking it outside of this one please? Thanks. :)

Agree. I just install alpha 82 and just wanted to know if there was a way to turn off the annoying rectangle outline in the viewport? i can not believe that was added... :mellow: Also is there a way to turn off gradient background, i like it but i just don't like the color used(maybe there is a way to change the color?)?

Andrew, can you add option to turn off Tool Tip, i never use them because they are too distracting. On a side note i like the GUI the small refine to the icons and such just make it that much better.

edit: docking is sweet now, SHIFT or CTRL key is awesome :D

Hey SonK, :)

You can change the gradient colors, background, etc., by clicking on the "Camera" button. I don't think you can turn off the gradient, but, you can select the same color for both ends. That should do the trick.

As for the camera navigation box... Not sure if you can turn that off either. I haven't encountered anything to lead me to believe that you can, yet. But I will say that it is most helpful when you're zoomed in very close to a sculpt and cannot see the viewport background to navigate. So having it there is definitely needed (depending on the type of navigation you're using of course)

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature request... But I'll post it here.

With the new popup wheel (awesome btw!), the swatch looks like it pulls the information from the color palette. But I went and changed the color palette to see if it changed the wheel swatch. Alas, it did not. I did notice you can however, change the colors by right clicking on the one you want to change, it will change it to the current foreground color.

I guess what I'm asking, is if it would be possible to to correspond the wheel swatch to the current selected palette? That would be great.

Agree. I just install alpha 82 and just wanted to know if there was a way to turn off the annoying rectangle outline in the viewport? i can not believe that was added... :mellow:

Go into Camera > Customize Navigation, scroll all the way to the bottom and uncheck the box Display Navi Zone.

Yes, it would be much more useful if the circle palette could use colors from a custom palette

• Advanced Member

Thanks for the quick reply guys! i was looking for the gradient stuff in the Window>Option menu....hehe

Andrew, i would like to request a "Choose Middle color" for gradient background, Mudbox has 3(top, middle, bottom) Probably easy to add. Most important request for me is Shader, i love the shader that are in voxel room, can you make them work for DP? that would be awesome! or a better shader for DP...

This is from Mudbox it's realtime; Image Base Lighting + SSAO + Tone Mapping + Depth of Field:

I would love to see the DP viewport look that real!

post-564-1241810829_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

Nice toad monster. Makes me want to grab my shotgun... which depending on your intended purpose might be a good thing.

Oh. And thanks, Andrew, for the fantastic and prompt mac release as always. It's very very much appreciated.

Not sure if this bug has been reported before.

Build 82, when using Stamp mode in the Voxel Tab/Room I was no longer able to sculpt until I change to a different mode.

EDIT: I take it back, it works on some voxel tools and not others. I will report back in a few with which ones it does and doesn't.

• Advanced Member
Andrew, can you add option to turn off Tool Tip, i never use them because they are too distracting.

Hi Sonk, 3D-Coat has this option since it was in version 1.0 (3d-brush). Go to "Options" panel, check off "Show hints" option, done.

post-445-1241821131_thumb.jpg