3DCoat Forums

Would it be possible to center grid lines to a different color so it's easier to spot quickly?

Also, I haven't seen how to do this anywhere... I just got a 3D Connexion device, but when I set the buttons to use the vary key, nothing happens other then the standard navigation. I'm starting to wonder if this is a bug?

• Advanced Member

I love this tool!!

In stamp mode, is there a way to make the cursor or field of effect square instead of round?

I've been stamping grates, and other square tech stuff in the pens but they are cut out by the circle of the cursor. It would be nice to have a square one for such things.

M

• Advanced Member

I got this bug in the latest release, had it in several releases now but i forgot to mention it until now. Sorry!

3dcviewdisplaceerror.jpg

The checkerpattern moves upwards to the left and i cannot get rid of it without closing and restarting 3DC. It happend when i went to the Render tab and then up in the menu where the selection is in the menu.

/ Magnus

• Contributor
I love this tool!!

In stamp mode, is there a way to make the cursor or field of effect square instead of round?

I've been stamping grates, and other square tech stuff in the pens but they are cut out by the circle of the cursor. It would be nice to have a square one for such things.

M

Have you tried using the "Square" brush tip in "E"? Also, you can copy individual quads.

• Advanced Member
  • I'd like to see an option for setting one color background (not gradient one or image one)

Hi Amber, you can already do that. Just go to "[Camera...]" - "Background", there are two option "Choose top clolor" and "Choose bottom color".

You choose top and bottom with the same color, I think the background should become one color.

• Advanced Member
Have you tried using the "Square" brush tip in "E"? Also, you can copy individual quads.

You can't use that square mode and stamp mode at the same time. what I need is a square cursor while in stamp mode.

• Advanced Member

we're on alpha 83, so 45days X 83 = 3735 total days....I'd say 10+ years of trial period would be asking a little much. :D

(sorry, couldn't resist :) ....truth is, Andrew pretty regularly kicks out a new alpha every week---sometimes

they get posted within days of each other, but 45 days trial is more generous than most offer, and even using it

for 1 week out of those 45 days you should have a pretty good idea of whether or not it's features warrant the $140 price tag.)

Refract shader seems to be lost when switching to render mode, as well as final render.(see image samples below)

Also rendering with 32 bit settings in image sequence with "loseless" on saves as jpeg.There is banding in background and pixelation.Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Still, good work!

Edit:I was wrong about saving only jpeg.Sorry, don't know what I did wrong.

What shader was used there?

Blender Import Fixed

Andrew:

Thank you for fixing this so quickly. Now, fantastic terrains and models of every sort can be seamlessly imported for use in the Blender Game Engine. With the new GLSL support, and the use of normal and specular maps, models made and viewed in 3D-Coat can be accurately represented in the game engine.

I tested a very large terrain model made with voxels, translated automatically by means of "Quandrangulate for Per PIxel Painting" - textured in the "paint" area and exported to Blender with excellent results. What an incredible and fast production pipeline!

psmith

• Advanced Member
So you are saying there's no way to do that now which was my original question? It's hard to tell if something is implimented or one is just not seeing it.

Thanks.

M

Yes.

• Contributor
What shader was used there?

I used the picmat refract shader and changed the colors.I think I may have made this in alpha 60, I don't recall.It seems like shadows are automatically turned on when I hit the render tab,(alpha 83).Don't know if this has anything to do with it.

I sent you the .3b file to your gmail account.Hope it helps.I will test more.

• Contributor

To vaillant 3DCoat community:

Alpha 83

Where is located the create new shader option ? I can't seem yo find it anywhere.

And, what does the Params tab of voxel room do? To me, it's always empty, devoid of any options.

Thanz

artman with a small a

• Contributor
To vaillant 3DCoat community:

Alpha 83

Where is located the create new shader option ? I can't seem yo find it anywhere.

Right click when on shader.

And, what does the Params tab of voxel room do? To me, it's always empty, devoid of any options.

Switch to tranform mode for instance or merge.

Thanz

artman with a small a

• Advanced Member

Just discovered a possible reason for a BUG that's been bothering me for a few releases now.

Sometimes the viewport navigation would stop working on a region of the screen after some time working in 3DC. It dawned on me today that it is after closing the Texture Editor panel, the portion of the screen that it was taking up won't allow you to rotate/pan/zoom. It is as if the panel is transparent but still there.

Here is an image to illustrate

post-800-1242316490_thumb.jpg

Yes,this bug is which I have motioned,after paiting and close the uv texture editor,some part of the screen freeze!

It's not really freezing though. I was able to paint on my model there, but it's like I'm painting on the 2D view.

• Advanced Member
Yes.

My issues were solved by working with the pen tip image and it's border black/blankness in relation to the cursor field. Guess there's a little bit of difference between a tool to do a thing and a way to do a thing.

we're on alpha 83, so 45days X 83 = 3735 total days....I'd say 10+ years of trial period would be asking a little much. :D

(sorry, couldn't resist :) ....truth is, Andrew pretty regularly kicks out a new alpha every week---sometimes

they get posted within days of each other, but 45 days trial is more generous than most offer, and even using it

for 1 week out of those 45 days you should have a pretty good idea of whether or not it's features warrant the $140 price tag.)

well,you are right,my English is very poor,so I ues google to Translate my View,I didn't know if that is right.Just a personal point of view.

First of all, I respect Andrew very much , as well as the results of his labor. He hard work for all of us is a great person. 10 + years of trial period is a very long period, but I think

No one will want to use an alpha for each of the END of every 45days, and that is unrealistic, but also the lack of respect for him. I am just not sure how alpha period would work, but now I am very determined 。

alpha updates so fast, alpha during the probationary period may be shorter, every alpha should have a week of its own independent trial period, only for beta, that's enough.

3dc course is useful, but during the alpha and I don not want to buy it, although it is relatively cheap, I prefer to see the full picture of things to buy it, This is only the personal habits,

Of course, it is now cheaper, but also one of its means to promote,I think

For a period alpha software is indeed a bit longall of alphas Share a period of 45 days is not goodBecause there are too many alphas, Do I have to buy it during the test period?

The other day someone suggested the need to overlay the 2D reference images and I wondered why not just make the shader transparent? So I tried it. In the attached image I have the reference image of the girl's head and the voxel sphere at 100% opacity. On the right is the voxel shader at 20% opacity. You can see that the shader actually just takes on the background color, it's not really becoming transparent, so it ends up looking like there's a hole in the reference image.

post-466-1242364398_thumb.jpg

Uh oh! I hope that gets handled. It's a biggie. Am looking forward to sculpting with some reference images in my viewport... No more peeking to the side or alt tabbing.

The other day someone suggested the need to overlay the 2D reference images and I wondered why not just make the shader transparent? So I tried it. In the attached image I have the reference image of the girl's head and the voxel sphere at 100% opacity. On the right is the voxel shader at 20% opacity. You can see that the shader actually just takes on the background color, it's not really becoming transparent, so it ends up looking like there's a hole in the reference image.

I already improved this essentially, you will be able to set transparency inside the object.

• Advanced Member
Just discovered a possible reason for a BUG that's been bothering me for a few releases now.

Sometimes the viewport navigation would stop working on a region of the screen after some time working in 3DC. It dawned on me today that it is after closing the Texture Editor panel, the portion of the screen that it was taking up won't allow you to rotate/pan/zoom. It is as if the panel is transparent but still there.

Here is an image to illustrate

post-800-1242316490_thumb.jpg

Yeah i was getting that earlier, its still not fixed in alpha 83. Alpha 83 fonts look much much better, good job Andrew!

I already improved this essentially, you will be able to set transparency inside the object.

Great! Are you sure you're not a mind reader? You're fixing the bugs faster than I can report them now! :p