3DCoat Forums

• Advanced Member
I just posted pre-release version there:

http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2683

Nice move! Is it still Alpha87? Because the bug I post is still there, and I think it may be critical:

1. start 3DC, choose the sample cube for DP or MV from the startup screen

2. switch to voxel room, you'll find you can't paint anything on the default sphere, b/c it's blocked by the imported cube object.

Regards,

akira.

Nice move! Is it still Alpha87? Because the bug I post is still there, and I think it may be critical:

1. start 3DC, choose the sample cube for DP or MV from the startup screen

2. switch to voxel room, you'll find you can't paint anything on the default sphere, b/c it's blocked by the imported cube object.

Regards,

akira.

It is not 87, there are much fixed bugs. I will fix it too, really missed.

• Advanced Member
I can't use cuda x64 dx version, only cuda oglx64 works, 3dc says the file cutil64.dll is misssing. But i've driver + toolkit installed, and it worked perfectly in rc87.

Clay shortcut association is still broken :((

copy cutil64.dll into "3D-Coat 3.0" folder :)

• Advanced Member
quick question, is rendering only with a nvidia card possible?

i only became the empty background (oGL & DX version)

Confirmed.

Works only for Voxel mode here, empty results for DP/MV modes.

XP 32bit DX/OGL latest 3DC version

ATI HD3870 Catalyst 9.1

Confirmed.

Works only for Voxel mode here, empty results for DP/MV modes.

XP 32bit DX/OGL latest 3DC version

ATI HD3870 Catalyst 9.1

it renders in no mode for me, in voxel it begin to render and in the end i have the same "work view" as before.

and the saved render screen is always empty.

i use winXP

and have a ATI Radeon X1950

Hello ..I have one gtx 275 and with 8 millions triangles in voxels mode.. 3dcoat slows down too much .. I can continue work but not so fast ..people here said that one gtx 260 can handle 30 millions.. What about? (quad core,cuda,last drivers)

I can handle maybe 25 mil before it starts to slow down (see my desktop in my signature). it probably helps that I've using cuda, but I think it's a combination of everything really. When I upgraded my RAM from 4 to 6GB I saw a jump in how far I could push it too.

I can handle maybe 25 mil before it starts to slow down (see my desktop in my signature). it probably helps that I've using cuda, but I think it's a combination of everything really. When I upgraded my RAM from 4 to 6GB I saw a jump in how far I could push it too.

ok Thank you.. I have 4gb gtx 275 .. after 7.5 millions it stars to slow down.. (win 7)

I doubt anyone is going notice these criticisms or care....

BadDesign.jpg

I totally agree. This should be changed soon. It is much better for new 3Dcoat users and helps to keep the overview.

This should not be a big deal for Andrew and his guys.

• Advanced Member

Im still not a fan of this interface, I mean the colours and subtle gradient are nice but the wall of buttons and lack of icons for anything just feels like the interface was designed by a programmer and the lightwave and xsi interfaces suffer from the same problem. Its still useable but its not stylish or memorable.

• Advanced Member
I doubt anyone is going notice these criticisms or care....

BadDesign.jpg

I seem to recall having the same difficult in modo when I started at first. :yahoo: The muted gray with similar shades was confusing at first but I got used to it.

Phils screen grab of lw shows good contrast but some may complain its too contrasting. Can't win them all.

• Advanced Member
Yeah agree, for now you can customize some color settings to improve this a little.

post-751-1244019471_thumb.jpg

akira.

That should be easy to do for Andrew to make default color scheme like that in the next installer.

• Contributor

Wow,thanks Akira! :good:

I really like the blue one.

also a little tip for voxel sculpt addict out there;

If like me you really like Andrew's scrape brush but would like to have control over it's strength ,well

we can use "pen sensitivity" in edit/preference menu to temporary tweak the brush effect.

It is a workaround ,of course....but it works very well. :wizard:

• Advanced Member

not really a bug but I would still like to see the voxel transform gizmo become more like a standard 3d xyz axis gizmo instead of this wierd pole with red blobs on it

• Advanced Member

hi all,

Andrew, there are still some little bugs (on osx) when hit quadrangulate and paint. I've tried to convert this simple shape several times, sometimes is good sometimes is wrong as you can see in the picture. Also some strange behaviours using undo in paint mode, sometimes it don't erase completely the painted areas.

post-903-1244378070_thumb.png

• Advanced Member
not really a bug but I would still like to see the voxel transform gizmo become more like a standard 3d xyz axis gizmo instead of this wierd pole with red blobs on it

Yeah i agree 110% because everytime i look at that tool i get "lost" its not intuitive or industry standard gizmo.

• Advanced Member
Yeah i agree 110% because everytime i look that tool i get "lost" its not intuitive or industry standard gizmo.

normally I'm the anti conformist of the bunch but yeah the gizmo is weird and also it spawns too close to where my pen is and it I often end up hitting it unintentionally - it doesn't have to be industry standard but the current one I don't like

Also anyone notice the weird behavior from voxel curve tool, the 2nd point you make is normal, but the 3rd point will spawn from the 1st as opposed to the 2nd one the way it used to

• Contributor
Also anyone notice the weird behavior from voxel curve tool, the 2nd point you make is normal, but the 3rd point will spawn from the 1st as opposed to the 2nd one the way it used to

yeah,i noticed and I wrote about this a long time ago...it makes branching really hard.It could be SO much powerful with this problem fixed and "hardness"

fixed.I think Voxel curves will be very powerfull in the future.