3DCoat Forums

Digital Tutors - Evidence of Corporate Masters

So, I wasn't going to say anything but, it's just too much.

I signed up to try out Digital-Tutors training this month - Pretty good/fair value.

They even claim to have 3D-Coat training but, I've yet to find a course entirely focused on it.

What's annoying me is that every time I've clicked on a course that utilizes 3D-Coat they put up a disclaimer as if it's needed. (See Attached Image)

Now I can only speculate but, it seems pretty clear they have some serious corporate whore licensing going on.

It's always pissed me off that they stopped doing Modo training out-of-the-blue, but, using disclaimers on anything that's 3D-Coat?! Really?

(And I've only seen this on trainings with 3D-Coat in them so far - never on any Adobe or Autodesk yet.)

What's funny is that every instructor I've seen using 3D-Coat has said they think 3D-Coat is awesome- and hence the need for the disclaimer so Pixologic and Autodesk don't get all threatened.

Get your coat on Digital-Tutors and stop being such wussies!

LOL!

post-7103-0-34144400-1369115496_thumb.gi

Edited by CyBorge
  • Like 1

That's actually a bit on the funny side. I love the pussyfooting on their behalf. And yeah, the Modo situation I read about is just making it too obvious what is happening over there. Autodesk-tutors indeed.

• Like 1

Hi All,

We had this post pop up on a google alert and just wanted to clear things up.

That disclaimer you are seeing is in no way related to the software the training is on. That disclaimer is for the Creative Development Series (http://www.digitaltutors.com/11/training.php?cid=342) which features training from our guest tutors - creative and industry professionals. You won't see the disclaimer on any training our full-time tutors create. All of our current 3D-Coat training is part of the Creative Development series.

We were encouraged to put the disclaimer up by our council to protect us and all of our Digital-Tutors employees. It absolutely has nothing to do with the software covered in the training.

And you are correct, we do not have a course entirely focused on 3D-Coat, but our guest tutors do show how they use it for their work and in their workflow. We show every course in the library with details before anyone signs up (http://www.digitaltutors.com/software/3D-Coat-tutorials) so we hope you didn't feel mislead.

We are 3D-Coat fans and modo fans too. Our team has been able to produce lots of training, but there is still so much to cover. We had to make some hard decisions on what we would be able to make training for, and we do hope one day to offer more modo training. If we had a prospective qualified tutor wanting to work with Digital-Tutors and create modo training, we'd open the door right away to talk to him or her!

We hope that helps clear things up. We in no way are playing games and truly want to help our subscribers and artists all around the globe.

Let us know if you have any more questions, comments or concerns we can help address.

Thanks!

- The Digital-Tutors Team

Well first Kudos to Digital-Tutors for paying attention! And no, I don't feel cheated of mislead. It was clear from the course descriptions what would be included application wise. I'd just like to see an entire course on 3D-Coat because, often the existing courses utilize programs that aren't in my pipeline.

And secondly, Javis - sounds like you just found a new market for your training!

Edited by CyBorge

Javis, Just purchased your Maneuvering Points training for Modo. I trust it will be disclaimer free! :D Thanks for all the training you've done and the affordable pricing!

Thank you for your support! I very much appreciate it. :)

• Like 1