3DCoat Forums

Any way to turn off the uv tiling?

smclelland

Not at the moment. It's one of my long standing requests as well (got a lot of them).

When v4 is released, I'll be bumping or re-posting them. Hopefully it'll get a lot of attention, I feel little things such as this are important and make the application much more friendly to use. So here's hoping.

Thanks. Yep, I agree. I really want to like the app, feature wise it's great, but I'm really struggling with the level of UI polish. Feels like it could use an overhaul. I just finished evaling 3d Coat, Mudbox and Mari, painting only. 3d Coat really beats them out in my opinion. There are things in Mari 2 that are fantastic, but their UI is terrible and the projection painting speed is miserable. I do wish that 3d Coat had Mari's non-destructive adjustment layers.

• Advanced Member

He could be talking about ptex. When you import a mesh for ptex painting, 3d Coat destroy all of it's UV's, replacing them with tiled ones which is something ptex doesn't technically require. I assume this is because 3D Coat isn't a true ptex painter (like Mari), but more of a hybrid one where traditional UV's and bitmaps are used for painting and then converted to ptex only when exported.