3DCoat Forums

Unity does it again! IOS and Android Exporters now free for V4

• Advanced Member

I took advantage of this offer the last time they did this with Unity 3.5 but never expected them to repeat the offer.

They only gone and done it though! IOS and Android export is now free for Unity 4!

http://unity3d.com/

With Project Anarchy due out next month, (and also free) http://www.projectanarchy.com/

the indie 3D mobile game space is really heating up.

I still believe that a great product will sell no matter what. The app stores are crowded but there are loads of talented artists and developers here and elsewhere who could make some money with a quality game or app.

Get on the gravy train guys! :p:

Hi

IOS and Android export is now free for Unity 4

I cant find any info or link

will you please add a link to the license upgrade ?

ty

I haven't had chance to install it yet but I believe you simply download version 4x and install it, you don't need to upgrade your existing license.

I think they have simply replaced the basic versions with free versions, that is you no longer need to purchase the basic version.

Andrew.

I actually opened my existing one and it found the update as soon as it opened, so I went ahead and updated. After installing I have the Android option for export. The ios option just says it's not available for Windows, which makes sense.

• Advanced Member

I haven't had chance to install it yet but I believe you simply download version 4x and install it, you don't need to upgrade your existing license.

I think they have simply replaced the basic versions with free versions, that is you no longer need to purchase the basic version.

Andrew.

It looks that way ,I just installed and it showed the extra licenses in the About Unity pane.

I tried compiling one of the supplied game projects in to an android apk and worked very well on my tablets.