3DCoat Forums

Isn't the tiled box supposed to work like the pixel paint tile? I mean seamless? This means, if I paint over the edge of one tile, the stroke should be continued on the next and wrapped on the other side, to create a seamless pattern. The Voxel box just repeats the stroke for all tiles, creating a Tiled pattern. I don't need 9 or 4 boxes for this, one would be sufficient.

• Advanced Member

I think is so that you can evaluate immediately whether or not your tiles will look good or if they look too repetive.

That being said, it would be nice if there was an option to make it seamless.

Yeah, I signed up to ask this as well.

Even if a stroke can't be wrapped around, I think it could still be extremely useful if only I knew how to get rid of the seams between the tiles. You can't use the offset mode for voxels it seems. Is there any better way than exporting/importing a height map into the paint room (which still makes it tough to smooth out the seams)?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

whoa... what are you guys talking about? Is there a seamless tile painting with depth & spec in all axis now? Did I miss this? We asked for such a feature and there was a Mantis with screenshots explaining this request, but I thought there was no progress on this yet. Or have I misunderstood this thread?

• 4 years later...