3DCoat Forums

Game assets.

Bernardo

Hi everyone!

This is my first work in 3d coat. I would like to try to create some game asset and I thought I'd creat a small dungeon. I started with the entrance hall column.

The base mesh was created in blender, while all the rest (sculpt, retopo and bake) is made in 3d coat. The real time render is from marmoset.

The polycount for the retopoed mesh is 2559 polygons (4346 triangles).

As I said I am quite noob with 3d coat, but I really like the soft so far and I am starting to understand how it work. Right now I just exported a normal map. Tomorrow I will try to paint the model and export some more map.

What do you think so far?

post-15282-0-90743100-1370731211_thumb.jpost-15282-0-93662800-1370731217_thumb.jpost-15282-0-02029800-1370731226_thumb.j

Edited by Bernardo
  • Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

We be all be noobs at something, :D

You are doing well. The workflow of 3DCoat is so varied and powerful after awhile you will get the one that works best for your style of art...

Hi Folks! Thanks for the replies, glad you liked the work!

I have been a bit busy but I managed to go a bit forward. Here is a screen made from blender real time engine. All the new stuff is modeled in blender, then sculpted retopoed, painted and baked in 3dcoat.

post-15282-0-14788300-1371673351_thumb.j

anyway I noticed that there is some problem with the baked textures on some face.

I tried to start to fix things and here for example there is a screen of the kind of the problem I get. This is a picture of the paint room with the baked textures. If I turn on the vox model the problem disappear, so the original paint is fine.

I cannot understand what it is as the UVs looks fine for that face. What could that be?

post-15282-0-06844800-1371673445_thumb.j

Thanks for any help!

Edited by Bernardo

• 4 weeks later...

Nice works, I've used 3D coat in the same way to create all the environment for a mobile game.

It's a great tool for that purpose.

Sorry I can't help you for that stretch face, since you said the uvs are fine.