3DCoat Forums

FRIEZA wip

artman

• Contributor

Thanx! ,Everything is single mesh except feet and hands are separate and instanced....and tail is on its own layer as its just a mockup for now.

To get sharp edges I use CreaseClay with a sharp custom alpha and very low spacing value (2-3).

• Contributor

Really nice sculpting!

Are you using the same presets as in your Artman Preset Pack? Sorry to be a bit off topic, but I have a few questions for you about those presets.

I don't understand how the Greeble1 and Greeble2 brushes are supposed to be used. What is an example of a situation where I would use that?

Also, why is the detail setting at 5 for the UltraSharp brushes? It makes the brushes sooo slow! I have put the detail setting down to 3. I used to like the UltraSharp brushes in version 1.3 of your preset pack (maybe they had a slightly different name then?), but now they don't seem to be so great in version 1.5. Instead I am just using the Large Crease brush, and it seems to replace the UltraSharp brushes completely. Why did you change the UltraSharp brushes, and what do you intend to use them for in their current state?

I am not saying that the Greeble brushes or the Ultrasharp brushes are bad. I am only curious as to how you intended them to be used.

In any case, I want to thank you for making such a great preset pack and sharing it with us! I find them extremely useful, and they have made sculpting in 3D-Coat a great pleasure!

• Contributor

the greeble brushes are used to do hard surface lines you can see on bicep and forarms of the character above.

Andew recently changed LC dtails value so now of course 5 is too much.

I use Ultra sharp brush to do ultrasharp strokes(all eyes area of picture above was done with it)..I do small wrinkle on lips ect...

...large crease is when I want to use large brush radius on large parts when working in a few thousand polys.

• Like 1

• Contributor

thanx guys!!

@Garagarape: Well I choosed Frieza because he is easier to do because there is no cloth sculpting involved also its for a contest (I have no intention of winning) and the Boos are the most popular chracters..and there are some so well sculpted I would be depressed if I've picked one of the boos....the level of talent displayed is way above me.

• Advanced Member

the level of talent displayed is way above me ---> You under-estimate yourself.

Good luck for the contest!

My favorite character in DB is the stinky fighter (in the early series).

The one who finally lose against Krilin who don't have a nose.

But my favorite japanese cartoons are "Captain Harlock"

(there's a movie coming soon, but it just look like a Final fantasy movie)

and "Grandizer".

Go go Freezer!