3DCoat Forums

Customization of Show Wireframes in Render Room

alvordr

• Advanced Member

I noticed in the latest version there is a Show Retopo mesh in the Render Room. I like having the option to do this and while I also like having the option to show it with the colors of the various retopo work from the Retopo room done, I would also like the ability to customize that view in the Retopo Room.

For instance, it would be great to have the option to use just a flat white poly shader with a black wireframe, or a gray shader with a blue wireframe, or to keep it like it is now.

If we could also add to that the ability to show the wireframe via an adjustable gradient alpha, so that the Render Room could show off the painted model that maybe has half of it in shaded wireframe, and perhaps even a third of it unpainted sculpt, that would be super awesome. Right now, I have to composite all of that in Photoshop or some other tool. This would put the Render Room aspect of 3DC above some other programs, like 3ds Max, where you have to really work hard to get it to render the wireframe and shaded models in one.

Edited by alvordr

• Advanced Member

Nope...doesn't work and not what I'm talking about.

Something like this is more of what I'm looking for, but also having the ability to change what the retopo mesh looks like in terms of wireframe and shader color from the Render Room, as well:

WireframeRenderRoom.jpg

WireframeRenderRoom2.jpg

Edited by alvordr