3DCoat Forums

I was watching a game play video of Elder Scrolls Online last night and it inspired me to make a prop I saw in one of their scenes. It took 30 min to model, retopo, UV, and paint and another couple of hours to tweak the textures, lightmap, and light. I also ran into a bit of a snag when I put it into the UDK, but I clearly managed to get it working. This is the first piece I've done that I feel is truly worthy of being called done enough to put here:

BreadLoaf.jpg

...and the UDK render:

BreadUDKFixed.jpg

Edited by alvordr
  • Like 1

I'm hungry and I'm gonna take a large bite of this bread whether you like it or not, because it looks very tasty! :rofl:

Good show!

BTW two questions Alvordr:

1. What's the texture resolution of this yummy bread?

2. Have you ran into normal map seams issue when texturing it (or after importing to external renderer/game engine) and, if you did, then how did you manage to overcome it? I keep fighting with seams all the time. :dash2:

@ajz3d

Currently, the texture resolution is 1024x1024, but ultimately I would put it at 512x512 or less. I wanted to see how this would turn out before I recreated the texture. I didn't have any issues with the normals. My issues, at least in the UDK, were with lightmap specularity. I started with a lower poly version than this one, but wanted to have the grooves in the bread show up as more than just flat geometry with normal mapping, so I added spans.

The low polygon bread looks very professionally done from A To Z and I I liked the multiple views...

@ajz3d

Currently, the texture resolution is 1024x1024, but ultimately I would put it at 512x512 or less. I wanted to see how this would turn out before I recreated the texture. I didn't have any issues with the normals. My issues, at least in the UDK, were with lightmap specularity. I started with a lower poly version than this one, but wanted to have the grooves in the bread show up as more than just flat geometry with normal mapping, so I added spans.

Hey Alvordr.

Sorry for my late reply, but I took some days off and went sailing.

Nice work with those textures, because they look like they were much more res than 1k. Good stuff man - the bread looks delicious. :)