3DCoat Forums

Retopology

R3T.R0

Hello, I want to make a TF2 item and I would like to ask, how I make such a nice retopology on a hat like in the trailer:
http://store.steamgames.com/video/100980

The third trailer, he speeds up the time and for a short duration you can see that his hat has a really nice retopology, how do I do that? I played a bit with the retopology tools, but mine isn't even close to that :wacko:

Hi,

there is no special magic. you can do it using AUTOPO or manual retopology. it's all depends on your accuracy (how accurate you put a stroke, etc). Learn and try. Try and learn.

You can share the image of what you have and the techniques that you used, and we may suggest something based on that :)

don't give up ;)

Hmm, the hat I created was made by using a reference model, so I had to tilt the hat a bit. Can I tilt it later, after I applied the primitives?

I know that some numpad buttons allow the user to see the perfect side, top bottom etc. of a model, but since my hat is tilt it doesn't work that way ^^