3DCoat Forums

Vox Layer Backface culling?

chikega

"Backface culling" may not be the appropriate term since we're dealing with voxels. But I'm trying to use Vox Layer to make a partial denture base that adapts to the gums and the spline I draw out is projected through the object to the opposite side after I press Enter to apply the selection. Is there any way of limiting the effect to just one side of the object? Or is it typical for a user to have to Cutoff (delete) the projected Vox Layer that shows up on the opposite side? Thanks in advance. :)

• Reputable Contributor

Ok, ingnore back faces in the e-panel seems to be glitching up a little bit. Whenever way works for you at the moment, on or off, one will work for you... I think that might be a bug report at sometime at manits...

Ignore back faces in the e -panel is the way to do it but might be a little buggy at this time.

Did a little testing and it depends upon what brush or e-panel spline you are using but one way works, so if on does not work ,turn it off and try it...

Edit: A little more testing and when you use a e-panel spline make sure you check if it is on or off. The setting is save from e-panel spline to e-panel spline...

Sorry for the confusion, I just use what works at the moment, really need to do some testing and make a bug report if  necessary...

Edit:

Also make sure symmetry turn on is not the cause as well.

• Contributor

In the German 3D-Coat forum there is a thread about this too: http://3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14804&hl=

As a result of that thread I created a Mantis Feature Request.

The feature request is found here: http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=1238

Please go there and add your +1 to support it. The more +1 we add, the more likely it will be changed in the next update.