3DCoat Forums

Hi, I've been using 3D Coat for some time now and I am going to be using it on a bunch of upcoming projects so I figured I'd share my creations here with you guys as I go along.

First off I'm working on a kind of generic soldier model, see below - comments & crits welcomed!!

post-982-0-61790400-1377010972_thumb.jpg

post-982-0-71230900-1377010981_thumb.jpg

post-982-0-46634000-1377011003_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks, yeah I retopo'd the vest and painted it in 3DC...just a test really helping me to iron out all the little problems of going from Voxels to Paint before I did the whole thing ;-)

Edited by Psionic

Thanks guys!!

Yeah those folds at the bottom are a bit harsh - not sure if I'll soften them yet or see how it looks with textures/lighting on there - can always tweak em after ;-)

• Advanced Member

Psionic

I looked at soldiers field uniforms today where the pants go into the boots.  A lot of soldiers from combat units don't have the uniform poofing out so much above the boots.  I think they have some way of making them stay tighter to the legs, maybe a way of folding them when they tuck them into the boots.  Others wore the uniform pants very much like you show on the model.  The difference from your model was that the ridge around the bottom was a softer fold.  Also, it was the lowest part of the pants you see, actually hanging down just a little below the top of the boot.

• 1 year later...

Just thought I'd upload some pics of some models from a small game for Android (unity) I'm making called Cashcade - A simple but addictive coin dozer game and these will be some of the prizes ;-)

cashcade free (with no prizes) is online already here:- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.PsionicGames.cashcadefree&hl=en_GB

post-982-0-20161000-1431546325_thumb.jpg

post-982-0-91456400-1431546334_thumb.jpg

post-982-0-66582400-1431546341_thumb.jpg

post-982-0-15104100-1431546352_thumb.jpg

Edited by Psionic
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...