3DCoat Forums

Connect vertices -!?!?!?

Kenso

Hi! Welcome aboard. :)

I assume you're in the retopo room. Use the Move Vertices tool, click and drag a vertex to another (the one you wish to snap it to), then release the mouse. That'll weld the vertices together. Take note that the "radius" on the top bar will determine the snapping threshold.

My pleasure. :)

That, unfortunately, isn't possible at the moment. Though it is a long standing feature request on your reporting system that many of us hope Andrew will implement some day soon. Here's the report if you feel like adding your voice to the pot:

http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=32

Thank you very much for the information Javis ;-)!!

But.. there is a problem with the snap and the vertices.

I picked the "move vertices tool" and i did that, what you have said.

But there is no snap and the vertices arent togehter ;(

• Advanced Member

Do you have more than one layer of retopo mesh?  It doesn't work when the points you want to join are on different layers.  Copy them to the same layer and try.

If the points are on the same layer, try moving the camera around so the point you are dragging to is clearly facing the camera and not hiding on the other side of a sharp edge.  I find the angle you are viewing from can make a difference.

• Like 1

Hello guys.

Ive just press "L" for the layermenü, but still cant connect the vertices.

Ive tried it with 2 layers, and then 1 layer and combine layer, but nothing o.O!

Oh , moment! I can see , that "1 layer" is the object, because i klicked of eyesymbol to hide it.

And when i do that with "2layer", nothing happened!

So i think, my Retopo, what i have made is not in a layer!

How should i do that, that i connect the retopoobject, with "2layer" ?

What i dont understand is.. in every programm, when you start something, you begin in a layer o.O

• Advanced Member

It looks like the vert might be buried under the surface of the reference model (the grey part).

Here are a couple things to try:

1.  You could delete the polygons you are having problems with and then redo them using the quad tool. That might solve the problem.

2.  You could hide the reference model and then try joining the vertices.  That might work if one of the vertices is buried in the reference model. 

@Malo :

Aber mit dem Aufbauen/Teilen Tool, kann ich doch nur neue Poly zeichnen.

Ich wollte doch nur die Scheitelpunkte verbinden ;(

@Novice: Still the same ;(

Could somebody make a shorrtttt very shooorrtt video, where you show in 10 seconds, how to connect. Maybe there is a failure in my programm..

• Reputable Contributor

@Malo :

Aber mit dem Aufbauen/Teilen Tool, kann ich doch nur neue Poly zeichnen.

Ich wollte doch nur die Scheitelpunkte verbinden ;(

@Novice: Still the same ;(

Could somebody make a shorrtttt very shooorrtt video, where you show in 10 seconds, how to connect. Maybe there is a failure in my programm..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylGeyuRD1hw&list=PLF62F3C31216D2794

Use the MOVE VERTICES tool (should be named MOVE ELEMENTS cause you can move edges or faces, too), and I always try to keep my brush size small so I don't accidentally select extra verts I don't want. Drag it over the vert you want to weld it to, should see it turn red. That means it will be welded if you let up off your mouse/stylus.