3DCoat Forums

Majoro, a new little fun modelling program thing

This looks like a bit of fun, at the same level as sculptris perhaps, but they are charging £15 (about $24 US).  Anyone experienced it/played around with it?

http://www.majoro.com/

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Hi Ruth,

After seeing your post yesterday I invested £15 to get on the ground floor of Majoro3d ,but it does look like

its going to be a bit of long haul though with little or no activity since March,the developer Robert still insists

that the project is still alive which is good news.

The Majoro3d project is very much alive and well, I am coding constantly for the next update - which will be some time soon.
It's great to have you join us and I look forward to seeing you around.

Many thanks,
Robert.

Alpha 3.2 is incomplete though I managed to get basic sculpting to work but unfortunately cant get paint

to work,the interface seems to be a bit like xsi.

On the plus side pressure sensitivity works with my Wacom Bamboo,Robert does have a long way to go

to make Majoro3d a serious candidate for a complete app.

Edited by JimB

• Advanced Member

Hey Jim,

I did exactly the same. I thought it was worth spending £15 to see what it was all about.

Robert emailed me right back and said it was being still being developed and that he would probably be adding dynamic tessellation in the future.

He seems really friendly and passionate about the project.

Majoro could definitely be a nice little app in the near future.

It will not replace 3D Coat in my pipeline just yet though. It may sit alongside it some day...

I had a bit of a peep at it too,I'd not tried tablet pressure with it. I think it certainly has potential, so I'm going to keep looking at it every now and again with the updates it gets with some interest.

I liked the U.I, it wasn't too cluttered, and am looking forward to more people using it, to see what it might be capable of.  I am looking for a basic modeller to replace the dead software I currently use, alongside 3D coat.  I can already happily imagine using the two together.

• Contributor

Thanks for the link JimB.

I've downloaded this Glise to check it out because I'm always curious about new software, but I can't seem to do anything specific in it. It's looks completely stripped from features that you would normally find in a modelling application. I can't even find the scale tool. :blink: Combining objects, cutting through- or bridging multiple edges is impossible too. Is it the demo version that is so limited or this is what you get out of the box? Does a user have to write all the tools by himself in Python?

Is there any documentation for Glise at all?

Very weird program.

On the other hand, Python scripting is a great thing to have in a modelling program and real-time AO is a nice touch to overall presentation of your models.

Finally, this must be one of the first (if not the first) 64-bit dedicated SubDiv modelling applications.

• Advanced Member

Thanks for the link JimB.

I've downloaded this Glise to check it out because I'm always curious about new software, but I can't seem to do anything specific in it. It's looks completely stripped from features that you would normally find in a modelling application. I can't even find the scale tool. :blink: Combining objects, cutting through- or bridging multiple edges is impossible too. Is it the demo version that is so limited or this is what you get out of the box? Does a user have to write all the tools by himself in Python?

Is there any documentation for Glise at all?

Very weird program.

On the other hand, Python scripting is a great thing to have in a modelling program and real-time AO is a nice touch to overall presentation of your models.

Finally, this must be one of the first (if not the first) 64-bit dedicated SubDiv modelling applications.

Hi

I'm still playing with it my self ,it has most of the required tools I have found the scale tool anyway there is a pdf manual

in "Program Files (x86) /Glise/docs" .

I would say it is still early days for Glise but I think its a fair punt. :)

• Contributor

Hi

I'm still playing with it my self ,it has most of the required tools I have found the scale tool anyway there is a pdf manual

in "Program Files (x86) /Glise/docs" .

Aaah... I should have looked there. Thanks! Finally I can scale things. :)

I would say it is still early days for Glise but I think its a fair punt. :)

For now it looks bleak when compared to NVil, but with Python scripting available for users, this application has a lot of potential. I guess time will show. :)

Glise seems to have quite good potential I think.

Created this just while messing around with it for a short while.

post-11720-0-96946100-1378441887_thumb.j

Edited by Ruth Spacecookie Andrews

Hi JimB.

I have subscribed to Majoro3d and the painting does work(as well as the sculpting).  I think if you click on the vertex button(second left across from wireframe button) and the paint button you should be able to start painting in black on the mesh(if you haven't altered the colour wheel).  If you also have the sculpt button active you will be able to paint and sculpt at the same time.  Hope this helps.

Cheers

Malcolm

• Advanced Member

Hey Jim,

I did exactly the same. I thought it was worth spending £15 to see what it was all about.

Robert emailed me right back and said it was being still being developed and that he would probably be adding dynamic tessellation in the future.

He seems really friendly and passionate about the project.

Majoro could definitely be a nice little app in the near future.

It will not replace 3D Coat in my pipeline just yet though. It may sit alongside it some day...

I always like to see whats on the horizon that's how I got in to 3DCoat or rather 3DBrush as it was then.

Metasequoia 3D v4 is one to keep an eye on its starting to move forward, I posted here

• 2 weeks later...