3DCoat Forums

MakeVR - A more immersive CAD for Oculus Rift and Razer Hydra

Routb3d

• Advanced Member

MakeVR is a baby CAD system emerging from the Video game industry. I have been dreaming of a more immersive CAD system for years. I went ahead and bought an Oculus Rift and a Razer Hydra so that I can try this out. I don't have extremely high expectations for the quality of CAD tools but I figure its worth a try for the VR ui..

http://sixense.com/makevr

The forum is dead there.. If your interested in MakeVR you should join the forum and help me bump these guys for a Beta!

Thousands of Video game and VR enthusiasts are now geared up and itching to have new VR experiences. The FPV shooter is old news, flight and driving simulators are plentiful but nothing really great for 3D modeling and design has emerged. I see a clear opportunity for 3D Coat or any other Modeling system to seize an entire demagrphic of early adopters that are just getting into VR. If 3D Coat were to emerge on the scene with a Functioning VR interface I bet Andrew would make a killing in new software sales.

Isaiah Coberly