3DCoat Forums

transform tool ignores symmetry.

Dennis Nikolaidis

• Contributor

I'm trying to pick myself through the voxel sculpting, and I just noticed that the transform tool ignores the symmetry plane completely. I take it its transforming the whole layer, not the polygons/voxels themselves.

Is there any workaround to this?

Use Pose tool with "select object" mode.

• Contributor

Use Pose tool with "select object" mode.

WOW! That's genius Artman! THANK YOU for that! I had no idea how to do that until you explained it!

@Dennis: Thanks for asking about this, I had been wondering the same thing for a long time. Artman's solution works perfectly. But you need to make sure that the "border width" setting in the E panel is set to "0" otherwise you will get a gradient selection across the form and it won't move all together as a whole (if you are using any of the marquee-type selection methods). Also, take note that only the Default shader will show the effects of your selections. Selections will be totally red for full selection (border width set to "0" in the e panel), or a gradient from blue-green-yellow-orange-red (border width anywhere above 0). The other shaders will not show this kind of colored selection; it appears on those shaders as a sort of faint grey color instead.