3DCoat Forums

Centring Gizmo to an Object

omerpekin

Hi,

I imported OBJ files to 3D Coat, Voxalized them but still most of the Gizmos are not on the centre point of my geometry. When I check move only gizmo box in tool options I can move the Gizmo and centre it manually. Although centring manually is an option it is never exact. Is there a shorter and more efficient way to centre the Gizmo to an object?

Thank you very much for your help

Omer

• Reputable Contributor

Hi,

I imported OBJ files to 3D Coat, Voxalized them but still most of the Gizmos are not on the centre point of my geometry. When I check move only gizmo box in tool options I can move the Gizmo and centre it manually. Although centring manually is an option it is never exact. Is there a shorter and more efficient way to centre the Gizmo to an object?

Thank you very much for your help

Omer

There is a Center Mass option, and it's based on a bounding box of the object. So, it may not look centered, but it is centered in that (non-visible) bounding box. If you have an object, for example with a prop that extends away from the body, that might be why. Same thing with Horns and things of that sort.

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

Oh thank you very much I never thought of using those options in tool options menu when move only gizmo option is checked. 

Uncheck the Move only Gizmo. You can now manually move it, on the fly, without having to check that....by holding the SHIFT key down while you move it. In this case, if all you want to do is center it up on the object, just click CENTER MASS in the Tool Options panel. It will move only the gizmo. Check out these two videos for a little more detail on using the transform gizmo more effectively in 3D Coat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THcJ1C4zpi0&list=PL0614F2A03AD725CD&index=20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uCkB-PK8Ck&list=PLlQ3JITh9bXOfcZqGuO8gClZisN6yUd1x&index=11