3DCoat Forums

Cubify Cube 3D Printer

JimB

• Advanced Member

Cubify Cube 3D printer has now gone on sale at Curry's/PC World @ £1,195 sorely tempted as I am

it is limited to ABS or PLA only (single colours) I would have liked a metal option.

I will be keeping an eye on it link

• Advanced Member

I wonder how many christmas cracker toys you could make out of a £50 cartridge... I would really like to see the very best thing these machines have made.

I'm reminded of that episode of "The Big Bang Theory" when they made a whisle........for $5000. Hee Hee.

Apparently one cartridge is enough to make 53 mobile phone cases. :)

link

• Advanced Member

I am currently backing the Zeepro Zim on Kickstarter.

It has dual heads for printing multiple colours or one colour and a PVA support for ambitious gravity defying prints, an insane printing resolution compared to anything else out there (50 microns per layer) and will only cost me $750 (£462 in my money)

I will have to wait until March next year for it but I think the wait will be worth it. You can even get a cheaper version with one head. 

I have been umm-ing and ahh-ing about buying a 3D Printer for ages. Nearly went with something more expensive and nearly went with something much cheaper but in the end the Zim has my money.

I recommend taking a look before pulling the trigger:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1410146982/zim-the-first-dual-head-personal-3d-printer-fully

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

I am currently backing the Zeepro Zim on Kickstarter.

It has dual heads for printing multiple colours or one colour and a PVA support for ambitious gravity defying prints, an insane printing resolution compared to anything else out there (50 microns per layer) and will only cost me $750 (£462 in my money)

I will have to wait until March next year for it but I think the wait will be worth it. You can even get a cheaper version with one head. 

I have been umm-ing and ahh-ing about buying a 3D Printer for ages. Nearly went with something more expensive and nearly went with something much cheaper but in the end the Zim has my money.

I recommend taking a look before pulling the trigger:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1410146982/zim-the-first-dual-head-personal-3d-printer-fully

Thanks for the info Marc ,the Zim specs look good at the price there will most likely be 20% vat plus whatever they will charge

to ship to europe.

The 3D printer race seems to have started and will surely accelerate.