3DCoat Forums

Thank you to everyone here in the 3dc community.

Engaging in the challenges with 3Dcoat has helped push my art forwards, and not just my 3D art, but my 2D art has benefited a lot too, due to sculpting and having an artistic emphasis in the work I've done.

While it's not quite hallows eve yet, this is my latest doodle in 2D art, and I wanted to dedicate it to everyone here in the community for all the help and advice I've received while I've been here.

So here's happy Halloween to everyone. ^_^

post-11720-0-18013300-1382749739_thumb.j

Edited by Ruth Spacecookie Andrews
  • Like 2

Awesome, Ruth! I really like that piece. I'm glad you've stuck with it. I see your art transforming quite drastically over the last year, it is especially noticeable with your entry into the last challenge. :) I hope you keep entering the challenges, you are a shining example of exactly why I wanted to have the challenges in the first place.

• Reputable Contributor

Great piece of work... I love 2D painting as well... keep posting your work, I do at times myself...

At sometime, I will explore creating a 2D painting on a flat plane in 3DCoat and then make a 3D frame for it...  :D 

• Contributor

Ruth, this is a very intriguing creature. I feel that it would greatly fit into atmosphere of Jim Henson's "The Dark Crystal" or Wolfgang Petersen's "The Neverending Story".
I imagine him as an eccentric curator of some forgotten, dusty old library risen in the centre of misty bogs. :)