3DCoat Forums

One global problem - getting coarse mesh from smoothed

Andrew Shpagin

I see one global problem that often occurs. Maybe someone can give good advice or point some good direction.

During import 3DC smoothes object. Then, if someone exports low-poly mesh 3DC exports low poly mesh with positions from smoothed mesh.

Does anyone knows some software/algorithm that allows to get coarse mesh from positions of smoothed mesh (they both have some resolution)? I see many problems during export because of this problem...

I see one global problem that often occurs. Maybe someone can give good advice or point some good direction.

During import 3DC smoothes object. Then, if someone exports low-poly mesh 3DC exports low poly mesh with positions from smoothed mesh.

Does anyone knows some software/algorithm that allows to get coarse mesh from positions of smoothed mesh (they both have some resolution)? I see many problems during export because of this problem...

ZBrush has an option called "cage" in the geometry palette. It approximates the pre-divided mesh. I have no idea what algorithm they use to do this.