3DCoat Forums

Mixamo Fuse on Steam at 50% off

• Advanced Member

Hey people,

Just a quick 'heads up' for anyone who may be interested.

Mixamo have released a character creation program called Fuse on Steam and it looks pretty interesting.

Could be good for quickly creating unique base characters to bring in to 3D Coat and finish before uploading for rigging at Mixamo.com (or in your 3D package of choice).

As a fuse user, you get 1 free autorig a week at Mixamo so it could be a sweet deal for some of us.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/257400/?snr=1_4_4__106

What are your thoughts? It is 50% off until the 14th of November. 

Edited by Marc Wakefield
  • Like 1

Bye bye work

Bye bye happiness

Hello loneliness

I think I'm-a gonna cry

well well well, design and make characters is nothing more a rentable work, may be ?

anyway

downloading demo

and -if the app really works ass predicted- buying it :)

ty for sharing

• Reputable Contributor

Hey people,

Just a quick 'heads up' for anyone who may be interested.

Mixamo have released a character creation program called Fuse on Steam and it looks pretty interesting.

Could be good for quickly creating unique base characters to bring in to 3D Coat and finish before uploading for rigging at Mixamo.com (or in your 3D package of choice).

As a fuse user, you get 1 free autorig a week at Mixamo so it could be a sweet deal for some of us.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/257400/?snr=1_4_4__106

What are your thoughts? It is 50% off until the 14th of November. 

Nice catch. Thanks.

FUSE END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
http://www.mixamo.com/c/legal_fuse

User agrees that standalone Content that is not Embedded Content may not be resold, published or distributed to third parties, and such resale, publication and distribution of Content that is not Embedded Content is strictly prohibited.

About this point... what exactly means ?

-------------------------------------

http://steamcommunity.com/app/257400/discussions/0/648811126388222796/

With the Steam version of Fuse, you will be able to create a character in Fuse, upload it to Mixamo for a rig, and download your character (select the free T-pose animation) to start using the rig to animate. The rig won't cost a thing if you're just rigging a new character each week. If you're interested in Mixamo's pre-made animations, they are also available, but as you mentioned, they are not all free, though there are a few.

---------------------------------------------------------

textures are limited to 1k in the free version

models polycount exported: 14K

cant import my own models

Allegorithmic’s Substance technology have few textures to use

Normals are VERY basic

-------------------------------------

about software upgrades: is not clear

license schema: not clear

new content: not clear

From what i can see, Fuse is nothing but a store front for mixamo products and services.

Feature upgrades will come as free updates. New content will become available in paid packs and eventually people will be able to add their own content into the app.

Charles

Developer

http://steamcommunity.com/app/257400/discussions/0/648811126619011802/#c648811126660642165

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Yep...I made the mistake of buying this at the $50 discounted price.  What a waste.  It does very little to create the multitude of quality characters it advertises.  The first DLC is already available at $50 and it's just a few pieces of fabric, etc. I even took it to the point of pushing out a character to see how it performed, in terms of uploading to Mixamo, using their autorigger, applying a motion and downloading it.  The motion was fine, but the model sucked (and I'm not usually that direct on something like this).  What I got out of Fuse didn't exactly look the same on the other end.  I would say skip this.  

Edited by alvordr

• 7 months later...
  • Advanced Member

It looks like there are some massive improvements coming to Fuse and it may be worth reconsidering.

1.1 was a definite improvement and 1.2 looks like it will add more customization and address a load of other issues.

I brought a Fuse exported obj into 3D Coat for texturing / normal detail work and it worked really well.

Edited by Marc Wakefield