3DCoat Forums

2 Annoying bug in surface mode

• Advanced Member

Hi,really often I have these 2 bugs in surface mode which are really annoying.

Often,when  I use for some time the mov brush,it happens that 3dcoat freezes and I have to kill the application (with CTRL/ALT/CANC kill the process) to end 3dcoat,losing the work I have done.

This happens since 2 years so more or less I learned to save before using the mov brush,but sometime I forget it and I lose the work.

And,when I go  from proxy mode to the high res surface mesh the mesh get holes,which later are impossible to fix automatically(I need to resculpt the region and the holes become a deep negative extrusion that I have to fix by hand,if there were only one or 2 problems I could do it without much problem bu hand,but oftern you have even 10/20 of this holes/negative extrusion on the mesh)

Personally I think this is related to mov brush again as it seem the problem happens where I used the mov brush in proxy mode.

This 2 problems happens randomly so I can't give a file to test.

I tried all the function in voxel menu(clean up,close holes)but nothing help.

Edited by renderdemon

• Contributor

Move can crash the app, most of the time because the radius is too large and the operation can't be processed. I confirm it exist, but I've not been plagued too much with though. You may want to check your polycount/brush radius.

As for proxy, I don't bother with it anymore, it's super buggy, people using only voxel may be fine but if you use surface don't expect anything but trouble with it.