3DCoat Forums

"Safe Zone"

Bloodsong

hey guys, i am an idiot.  i know, you knew that.

i have this 'safe zone' rectangle boundary around the edge of my workspace.  um, i thought it was some sort of render room thing, showing the area of the screen that was going to be rendered.  (i was messing with trying to render a turntable one day.)  but i'm in the voxel room and that rectangular bounding box is still there.

worse, i have finally noticed...  sometimes, when i try to grab a tool control (the gizmo, or the pose handles, or the handles on the background image placement thing), despite the fact that the tool control lights up as if i have grabbed it, when i move the mouse, it acts as if i've clicked on a blank area of the viewport and it TURNS the view instead of moving the control.  i just figured out this ALWAYS happens when the control is outside this 'safe zone' bounding box!  (yes, idiot here, see first statement.)

can i get rid of this 'safe zone' thing?  it is really irritating!  i want to ALWAYS be able to grab the tool controls when i can see them on the screen.  if i need to turn the view or whatever, i can hold the alt key!

• Reputable Contributor

Under the camera menu, upper right section of the interface.

Choose customize navigation.

Scroll to the very bottom and delselect display nav zone and make sure you set nav zone width to "0" otherwise the nav zone still will be there but not seen.

Now you have full access to the 3D viewport...

post-518-0-77917300-1384017097_thumb.png

• Like 2